ABB information provided to Charleston County

Answered!
Jeff2536
Level 1
Charleston, SC

ABB information provided to Charleston County

I am looking for information on what is provided from ABB to Charleston County.  Tax info, nights booked, revenue, reviews and etc.

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jeff2536   Based on my conversations with the NC State tax authority, AirBnB reports the gross income earned by all listings of all owners in a particular geographic area and pays the applicable sales and use and occupancy taxes for the entire "group" with no information pertinent to an individual property or tax account. No reported income or tax disbursement (purportedly) paid by AirBnB is EVER listed under my own tax accounts.  

(Of note, the state and local tax reports I complete for my properties do not ask me for the number of nights booked or my reviews.  Only the Federal 1040 has a line for the number of nights that the property was available to be booked.)

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jeff2536, Hope you are doing well!

Have you managed to get some information about your query? Have you reached out to the Airbnb Customer Support team to know more about it?

If you are still looking for some guidance, you can also explore the Local Host Clubs. Maybe, it can help get in touch with local hosts who may have an idea about this question.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jeff2536   Based on my conversations with the NC State tax authority, AirBnB reports the gross income earned by all listings of all owners in a particular geographic area and pays the applicable sales and use and occupancy taxes for the entire "group" with no information pertinent to an individual property or tax account. No reported income or tax disbursement (purportedly) paid by AirBnB is EVER listed under my own tax accounts.  

(Of note, the state and local tax reports I complete for my properties do not ask me for the number of nights booked or my reviews.  Only the Federal 1040 has a line for the number of nights that the property was available to be booked.)