AIRBNB ILLEGALLY WITHHOLDING A PAYOUT

AIRBNB ILLEGALLY WITHHOLDING A PAYOUT

On 2/19/20 I received notification from a guest who had a 06/05/20 booking for my 2 bdrm condo in Princeville, HI and also from Airbnb that this guest canceled her reservation because of unexpected moving expense.  Under the cancellation policy in effect, the guest was only entitled to a partial refund and that $451.05 would be held in the cancelled guest's account to be paid to me on 06/06/20, one day later than the cancelled guest's check in date. However given the reason for the cancellation and the number of months before her booking date, I decided to give her a full refund and called an Airbnb rep. to make that happen.  The rep. I spoke with said she would take car of the providing the this guest with a a full refund.

On 2/20/20, I received payout notification from Airbnb for a guest who checked into my studio in Princeville, HI on 2/19/20.  The payout amount was only $43.65 and it should been $494.70, the difference was curiously $451.05.  I called Airbnb and was told that the Airbnb rep. I originally spoke to concerning the full refund to the guest that cancelled, mistaken provided the full refund amount ($451.05) out of the payout I was due for the guest that just checked into my studio, instead of the cancelled guest's account.  Hold on, it gets better!  I was further told by the Airbnb rep. I had just called "not to worry, I'll get my $451.05 on 06/06/20"  four months from now.  So because of an error made by Airbnb, I have to wait four months to receive monies that I was due on 2/20/20

I have escalated this issue to Airbnb's 2nd level support but aside from receiving an incorrect report from that level that the issues has been resolved (it wasn't), nothing much has happened.  To me it seems like it should be real simple to resolve.  The money I am owed ($451.05) is sitting in the cancelled guest's account so it should just take a few computer clicks on their part to release it to me now, not four months from now.

Karl*

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

0 Replies 0