AIRBNB REFUSING TO SEND PAYOUTS FOR NO REASON

AIRBNB REFUSING TO SEND PAYOUTS FOR NO REASON

I have submitted over 35 new case #s to Airbnb about the same issue. Yet, for some reason  nobody with Airbnb will contact us back or give us any answers whatsoever and even disconnect us from all the chats each and every time. It has been over 3 months and Airbnb refuses to act in good faith toward us in regards to money owed. If nobody here can help me soon, I am going to exhaust all efforts and money  to sue Airbnb. If I see that 60+ Host that are or have experienced the same thing, I will seek council for a class action lawsuit against Airbnb.  What Airbnb has done and is still doing to me Is illegal and I'm done chasing my money as I hit a wall every time. Please don't be afraid to come forward with either help or to join me. Just because Airbnb is a big company doesn't give them the right to do this to people. I have talked to an Airbnb attorney, read all policy language about payouts etc. and I am well prepped. To further show you about my current issue, I have listed the amount of money and reservations that Airbnb is choosing to hold from us for over 3 months now and without reasoning. That amount continues to increaser daily and Airbnb is perfectly okay with taking their cut but not giving us ours.

Generating over 1 million in bookings last year, you think Airbnb would be n your side....

If anyone can help or would like to join this possible lawsuit, please let me know as I can be contacted at the info below:

Text Message only: ***

Email: ***

OUTSTANDING BALANCE OWED FOR OVER 96 DAYS BY AIRBNB:

**[Personal details removed - Community Center Guidelines]

**[Reservation numbers hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

Booked Out, LLC
32 Replies 32

Seems that’s their M.O. these days - put host on the CS Treadmill n Grind you down over days, weeks and for some, many months…..til we give up. Do Not Give Up - File Small Claims then Cancel your Airbnb acct. If enough of us do this, stay tenacious/not give up, file SC suits and win when they don’t even bother showing up for court, maybe they’ll finally take notice? I would hold my breath!

I'm having the same exact issue.  No issues with my current payout.  I have received 4 payouts, 3 under $1000 and one for $3500 after I asked for their legal departments contact information.  But they still owe 12K, it will be 20K by the end of the month if this continues which it looks like it will.  We need to join forces.  I have read about so many other hosts not receiving their payouts and being given the same run around and same excuses.  Its time to expose Airbnb for what they are doing. 

Jamie206
Level 10
Pooler, GA

Happens periodically to us. They just put the payment in pending status and then send it out whenever suits them. Could be a week or a month or whenever. It is super annoying and I really wish that there was a real way to convince these folks at airbnb that it's actually important to send payouts to they hosts.

Kemal44
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

I haven't receive any payout this summer. I don't remember how many times I called them. I open a thread they send the information to the "specialized" team and somebody closes the thread. One time they told me they found the problem and recommended to put some guy I never met in my life as final beneficiary!  I went back to square one every time. Looks like a scheme to me. It's not only about money anymore, they waste your time. Looks like this is happening to a lot of people and maybe it is time to go to a class action..

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kemal44, It looks like you need to verify your Host account as part of the KYC process. 👉Here is an article that provides a step-by-step guide to completing this process.

I hope you find this helpful.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula, yes KYC is the pretense but Airbnb is NOT registered as a FINTRAC company (FINTRAC is the Canadian governing authority on KYC) and as such does not legally have the right to withhold payments justified by KYC. 

I think the major problem that everybody has here is the failure of Airbnb to put hosts in touch with the so-called ‘specialized team’, that Air BNB ambassadors and representatives are gate keeping hosts affected by paused payouts,  from communicating with the team that is responsible for the withholding of funds, thereby making it impossible to find a resolution and leaving us feeling helms hostage.  

I’m with you

Hi everyone,

If anyone starts this action I am fully in. I am actually preparing a 7 case Air bnb small claims court action coming up soon.

When I asked Air BNB what to do as I felt desperate about the damages which they did not and dont pay for despite solid videos and pictures and receipts, they just lead me too this community portal too write about it. they are jaded as well!

Some questions I would like to ask you if you know:

- When filing Air BNB at small claims court, which department should we address to?

- What is  the time window I can sue them for them not paying me for damages? (The open cases I have currently which they dont reimburse or take forever is recent but I had a huge vandalism that happened in August 2020 ,  air bnb only reimburse one-tenth of the actual damage one year later , and closed it arrogantly. I reopened it a year later but nope they closed it again. )

I have 3 listings in Los Angeles and Vancouver , I own couple of the apartments, beautiful expensive properties that cost me huge to buy and run, and have had vandalism by Air BNB guests a few times in Vancouver loft of mine specifically, and got so many damages and missing items, and even guests fighting next door neighbors despite they stay for a few days only,  stealing neighbours' mails from mail rooms whatnot, all taken in cameras, and I made police reports on few of them as well,  and if I write a list of what happened it would be miles long,  it had been especially bad with Air BNB not caring for hosts, especially since Covid and post covid.

It has been super bad how Air BNB case managers/ambassadors handling cases with no care and respect:

Despite the submitted solid legit official receipts, invoices, pictures and videos of damages, and with witnesses, they deny to handle cases fully , only reimburse one third - one tenth which doesn't even make a second hand value of those items that are damaged or lost.

All I got after few years hosting, all my drained energy and frustration over my 3 apartments being trashed, NOT LOOKING similar since I started, and I can not furnish the places with the ridiculous money that they reimburse for the damaged items.

I have 8 upsetting cases and 5 are still open since post Covid, they do not even bother to give service to.they are just "open" on the resolutions center as elevated to Air BNB to take care, nope no word.

Case managers are absolutely really really bad about being present , a lot of times they respond out of office and when they come back despite everything  is uploaded and shared over emails they ask the same questions and freaking documents over and over to resolve the case taking forever to asses things to finally decide to give ridiculous values at the end .

Items get broken, stolen, stained , pets are smuggled in without permission and submitted support animal documents ( but Air bnb hugely support them not caring the next guests who are allergic and develop severe allergic reactions, then complain about  fine invisible allergens shed and stuck all over so apartments need deep long process expensive cleaning and they dig and chew on things Air bnb doesn't care to pay back. )

This usually terribly poor service ( or no service I should say) given by case managers over emails, despite how much service commission Air BNB charges  IS AN ABSOLUTE humiliation to us as hosts.

They make a ton of money thanks to the fact that we open up our homes, and yes we make money as well too but when I compare the money I earn and the value I get and what happened to my apartments and how they serve us is not a match, not worth it.

On top of that as some guests demand 5 star hotel treatment, they expect the best service from us ( I have a team of 6 people working hard in all cities) , despite Air BNB dont fix damages and reimburse according to so called Air host protection agreement they promise us with which they hardly honor.  I got few case managers emailing and all of a sudden cut me off , not paying or doing anything with no response. I called many times but nope, no result. They go MIA.

Some air bnb guests were really terrible with zero respect, leaving places like a dump with all these damages and get away with it fully, and then the next guests ask for the exact items in the pictures which were destroyed by the earlier guests but Air BNB did not reimburse or  with ridiculous amounts we cant fix/renew them accordingly.

Thanks for reading . It is long message but I had to vent and share it.

Any help for information is welcome.

Josie127
Level 2
Mérida, Mexico

Yes, the same kind of thing has happened to me but airbnb won't release our emails so there is no way to contact you.  I'm thinking of small claims court.  !0 months now and it's been a nightmare.

Me too but my sum is more than the small claims amount. Will have to get a litigator on air bnb to cover my money owed, late fees that I had due to inability to pay on time and the upcoming legal fees. Shame on you Air bnb!!

Robert342
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Hi I am experiencing the exact same thing. Please contact me. 

Robert -

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Robert342, I had to remove your phone number from the comment, as we do not allow members to post their personal details, email addresses or phone numbers due to privacy and safety concerns. Please refer to our Community Center Guidelines if you would like to know more about it.

Also, I noticed that you are facing issues with the payouts. Usually, it may also happen due to incomplete KYC. Have you noted if your KYC information is up to date? I wanted to share this Help Center article that talks about it here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/3004.

I noticed one of your comments in another thread as well where you mentioned KYC. I have taken note of it and shared it with the KYC team if they can help us know more about the issue you are facing with the payouts.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Me too. Going crazy

Mary5724
Level 2
New York, NY

In the same situation. 

Same here I have hit a wall and have not been paid for 7 weeks 

Nobody seems interested in helping