AIRBNB WITHOLDING THOUSANDS OF $$$ IN PAYOUTS

AIRBNB WITHOLDING THOUSANDS OF $$$ IN PAYOUTS

It's been three weeks since Airbnb has withheld our payouts for two of our short-term rental properties in New Brunswick.

We've updated the tax forms, KYC forms, switched primary hosts and called Airbnb customer support almost every single day with no concrete answers or solutions. Their "support ambassadors" and "special teams" kept giving vague explanations, empty promises, and ended each call as they "needed more time to look into the matter" and "would call me back".

We are full-time real estate investors relying on STR income for these two particular properties to cover the mortgage, cleaners, utilities, property managers, and other recurring bills. Over these three weeks, we were honored to have hosted refugees from Ukraine, new immigrants from Africa, a group of groomsmen and groom having a "boys' retreat", and newcomers moving to the Maritimes from other Canadian provinces. The payouts were, unfortunately, withheld from Airbnb.

I later found out that a handful of Airbnb hosts in my network experienced the same issue with no end in sight. They owe us $8400+, but for one particular host, $250k+ of frozen payouts. Anyone else having the same issue? 

@Airbnb How am I supposed to pay my mortgage? How am I supposed to pay my cleaners & staff who all rely on this income? How are you planning on resolving this situation before we take legal action??
19 Replies 19

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

They just removed the screenshots of  messages they sent me saying that once I submit my tax information they will not be withholding anything taxes  2 messages they also removed the screenshot that’s says because the guest made the reservation in February and you submitted your Mexican tax information in October you don’t get your almost 9000 US we pay that money for you with no receipt of any kind… how is this not international news? I am certain I’m not the only one. Just here another guest withholding a of 40K how is this even possible?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Janet1299 , 

As per  Community Center Guidelines, We do not allow private conversations to be posted on the Community Center, especially when the names are visible. I have already raised your concern to the relevant team. I hope they provide you with some clarification regarding this matter soon.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

they just don’t want other comunity members to read on their scam that’s all… dhu

Bhumika this is NOT a has been it is frustrating still and I am still waiting for answers from their theft department on all of Airbnb contradictions and lies of not withholding taxes once our tax registration numbers have been submitted.  They  are praising themselves in vogus non discriminatory campaigns… how about focusing on not robing hosts?  And responding?