Acquiring a STR license in Mississauga

Amol36
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Acquiring a STR license in Mississauga

Hi, I like some help with acquiring a STR license in MISSISSAUGA ON my rental property.

The Mississauga portal says it has to be my primary resident. And they are not accepting the insurance since it is saying its my secondary home. Please advice what should be done in order to get a STR license.

Regards,

Amol

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This best way to get a license is read the STR regulations for your location to see if it's possible for you to meet their requirements @Amol36 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Amol36 ,

Welcome to the Community Center!

Did you follow Helen's advice and had a chance to go through the STR regulations for Mississauga, and check if you meet the requirements?

I am reaching out to other members from Mississauga & Toronto @Melody242 @Christina-and-Mario1 @Priscilla336  if they have any idea about this.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

yeah, started Airbnb only after reading them. However it doesn't really tell me what type of home insurance will get me a STR an license on secondary property. Since the insurances shows it a secondary house when you own multiple properties.

I think I might have found a way after talking to few insurance agent in Mississauga. Will update the forum if that works out. 

Naeem12
Level 1
Mississauga, Canada

@Amol36 Since both properties own by you, and To get STR license approval, you may need to move to rental property as primary property, and get the paper work done as per meeting official requirements.  There is no way around the local municipal requirements. None can stop you to switch residence....it may be inconvenient, but it will help you to create income stream at the end of the day, if this is your ultimate goal....Cheers.