Air BNB personal shopper

Carol8338
Level 1
Paynesville, MN

Air BNB personal shopper

I am looking at starting a personal shopper business for Air BNB travelers.  I would offer to buy the supplies needed and have them stocked by the time they arrive.  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on how to get my service information to Air BNB customers?

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Carol8338

Can you please elaborate on what type of supplies?  I am thinking the best way of reaching hosts who can recommend your services to anyone who needs them.  For example, whenever we travel, we will often pre-order groceries and have them delivered either before or shortly after our arrival.  We also have my brothers family who was able to have a company deliver pack n plays, high chairs and toddler toys for their twins  on a trip to Florida.  You can see if there are any local Airbnb host groups and other STR groups on Facebook. 

This sounds like a great idea. 

Good luck with it. 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't know how it works on US airbnb groups @Dave-and-Deb0 but in the UK airbnb host groups are only for hosts .

they don't allow commercial services such as cleaners, cohosts and personal shoppers to join or the groups get filled with posts from these companies promoting (spamming) the group members . 

@Helen3 

That is why I specifically said "see if there are any local Airbnb host groups and other STR groups on Facebook" and did NOT refer to Airbnb Host Clubs.  For example, we have a couple of Facebook groups in Alberta for Airbnb hosts and STR hosts that are not Airbnb-run Host Clubs.  You are correct that Airbnb Host Clubs ensure that you are an Airbnb host before admitting you to the group and one of the group rules is that you cannot promote your services or self-promote.  We have however recently created a post where we do allow people to promote their services as several hosts are members and also have their own handyman or cleaning services.  It has worked well.  

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks we have non Airbnb host groups too but don't allow commercial outfits on those either.

we do of course let hosts recommend their suppliers if another host say wants a cleaner or gardener.

what we don't allow is self promotion 

interesting to hear how other groups operate 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you mean guests you can invest in developing a marketing plan and advertising so you can reach guests you've identified as your target market and hosts who maybe willing to promote your service to guests . @Carol8338 

in the UK most guests who want supplies at their listing use a supermarket delivery service

how do you envisage you can  have supplies stocked at a listing for guests when you don't have access to the listing ??