AirBnB Not Paying Hosts (2024)

AirBnB Not Paying Hosts (2024)

Hi friends, 

After two years of zero significant issues, I am finding it nearly impossible to get paid by AirBnB

Starting in May (we are seasonal) AirBnB has sent just three payments for guests. None of these payments has been for over 1,000$.

Currently they have paid me once in May (615.07), once in June for damage (246.72), and twice in July (960.30) and (961.27).

Currently outstanding are another $6,469.95 worth of guest stays that just don't seem to work. 

What is happening:

Payment says processing. Payment says on hold. Payment says processing. Payment says paused. 

I have one payment of $2,902.32 that has 'sent' - except my bank sees nothing at all to suggest airbnb even tried to deposit money before the "bank reversal" occurred. TD says it is not possible for AirBnB to have attempted a deposit that TD rejected and there to be no visible evidence of that. 

What support is saying:

There was an error processing the transaction.

Change your payment from paypal to your bank.

Verify you bank account. 

Verify your paypal account (but some payments are going through? No. verify it anyways)

Make paypal your default account. It is. 

Make your bank account your default. Didn't work. 

Must be the bank account, change to another bank account. 

It's an internal issue and they're working on it.

The engineers are aware of the issue and are working on it. 

Call paypal.

Call your bank.

You need to set a payment method - I've had one for three years, so...?

I have contacted AirBNB by messages at least 11 times. At least once by phone. 

I have also contacted paypal, after airbnb told me it was a paypal issue. 

I have also contacted TD, after airbnb told me it was my bank's fault. 

This is now as of July 22, 2024. This has been ongoing since May 14, 2024 when my first payment didn't come through. 

I'll update as the summer continues, as I suspect the issues will remain. I know others have and are experiencing something similar and want to log this so you don't think it's you. It's not. 

Natalie 

0 Replies 0