AirBnb Marketing Tip

Answered!
Stephanie2298
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

AirBnb Marketing Tip

Hello! 

I noticed that I have been getting more traffic to my listing after uploading floor plan renderings! I have asked all of my renters what they thought of it and the feedback has been tremendous! I got mine form ** and thought I'd share it with you. 🙂

**[Advertisement link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie2298
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

Ok Kate Police.  You miss the point that 3D renderings are very reasonably priced and an effective means in helping travelers assess the features of a particular property.   If you have nice features, a 3D rendering will help showcase those features more effectively than a written description, and more impactful than a photo.   To all hosts, consider such an addition to your photo gallery and you don’t need to order it from a service (save the money), you can DIY it if you have the time.  

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Stephanie2298 … Without seeing it on your listing, and you don’t appear to have one under your profile here then it is difficult to judge how it looks.  However, I did take a quick peek at the site, which is either yours or you work for them. (same profile photo) Claiming tremendous results?

You do know that you are not allowed to advertise here don’t you?  You will have agreed to that when joining this forum

my husbands listing is: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50374139?adults=5&location=Laguna%20Hills,%20California,%20United%20Sta...

and I am simply sharing what's worked for us 

Kate867
Level 10

@Stephanie2298   It is advertising 

@Stephanie2298 Why is there a toilet in the living room? Agree with @Kate867 that this is advertising but really if you are advertising something that shows a toilet in the living room I don't think you will be overly successful.

what are you talking about a toilet in the living room?

@Stephanie2298 In the 3 D rendering there is a toilet in the living room. Very odd

Again, what are you talking about? There is no toilet in the living room. You do know what one is right? Why don't you attach a photo of what you are talking about

Great catch @Kate867 

Kate867
Level 10

@Gwen386 @Stephanie2298 .  It would seem that this is a Husband/wife team running a separate business.  Husband has 5 reviews and a completely free calendar from the end of July? … this is simply advertising and I see no substantiation at all that this has increased either bookings or views.

Martin3190
Level 2
California, United States

Hi Kate, it would seem so wouldn’t it?  But assumptions can be misleading.  My strategy produces 30+ day stays at top dollar.  Curious to find out more?

Kate867
Level 10

@Martin3190 @Stephanie2298 … Yet your calendar one month from now is showing complete availability for a year ahead?  Advertising is not allowed here according to the conditions you agreed to and yet you are pushing your own company (but not actually stating it was yours in the first post) stating how well it has worked for you with no evidence at all.  It is nothing more than blatant advertising, misleading, encouraging people to sign up and completely against forum rules.  

I've reported the post as advertising.  I'd suggest others do too.  @Kate867 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Gwen386 Menu item to report is in the upper right of the post right next to where it notes the number of "views"

Stephanie2298
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

Ok Kate Police.  You miss the point that 3D renderings are very reasonably priced and an effective means in helping travelers assess the features of a particular property.   If you have nice features, a 3D rendering will help showcase those features more effectively than a written description, and more impactful than a photo.   To all hosts, consider such an addition to your photo gallery and you don’t need to order it from a service (save the money), you can DIY it if you have the time.  

Kate867
Level 10

@Stephanie2298  It is advertising..and worse than that it is misleading as it is no way substantiated or proven.  Hopefully a site admin will delete this thread.  Disgraceful behaviour on your behalf and certainly not what one would expect from a Host.  I am not the ‘police’ but I have a real problem with some people taking advantage of others on the ‘off chance’ that they can sell something which from the outset you have tried to do in a somewhat dishonest way… You mentioned a company that was wonderful, had improved your ‘traffic’  and that you had great feedback on it… You did not prove this in any way… and somehow failed to mention that actually, it was your company.