AirBnb not paying hosts—news media needs to know!

Maria3575
Level 2
Austin, TX

AirBnb not paying hosts—news media needs to know!

I’m in the same situation as many others. Had a guest stay their three nights, they’ve already checked out, and I haven’t been paid. My question is... how do we all come together and get this story to the news media? The only way we are going to get our money is if the company gets negative press coverage. Any ideas?

56 Replies 56

once i saw payout was back in transaction history i switch payment to my paypal (i do splits with my mom ) and i was paid out to airbnb in 1 hour 

I need help! Airbnb is currently holding my money - if there is anything we can do, I would love to know. It is causing a serious hardship.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Maria3575,  

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a delay with your payment. I've shared this elsewhere in the Community Center, so you may have seen this already, but wanted to make sure. 

If your payment wasn't showing in your Transaction History (for payouts July 18-20th, timezone may differ slightly). The Payments team identified the issue and I'm pleased to say it is now fixed. If you visit your Transaction History page you should now see the payment rescheduled and it will be on its way to you shortly.

Hopefully this will have resolved the delay and you should get your payment, but let me know how you get on. I am sorry for this. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie 

Please push for a dedicated phone number for Airbnb Superhosts 

cant wait on hold for hours same horrible souless song on replay ... awful insanity 

Thanks ryan 

@Jon2761 @Maria3575 @Debra300 @Ann72 

Lenka81
Level 1
Bratislava, Slovakia

Lizzie I have the same problem. Guest left a week ago - no payout. No response from your team. What should I do?? 

Same problems here - over $6K owing and nothing from the help desk robots.  Really don't have any other option than to engage a lawyer.

Maria3575
Level 2
Austin, TX

Thank you, Lizzie. I have received my payment!

I think the hardest part was the lack of communication. I called into Airbnb 3x, emailed 3x through the app, and 1x through Facebook. All I received from the emails were bot responses. The three different people who answered the phone all said the same thing, “we don’t know anything and all we can do is pass on your concern.”

My anxiety and others’ would have been lessened had any one of those agents simply said, “there’s an unusual delay, but you *will* get paid.” It was also concerning that the phone system never recognized me as a Superhost. 

I do appreciate you following up. Thank you.

@Maria3575  did they ever tell you why?  I have yet to receive any payments for my july guests and im booked through labor day! I called in and was told my inquiry is being escalated urgently and that they are aware of a current payout issue, but I dont want to keep using this platform if come september im still not paid for any of these guests! Im so anxious right now!

At least they told you they are aware of a payout issue. I haven't had that decency afforded me.

I am in the same boat though - no payouts for July guests, and booked through the beginning of December. I am extremely anxious about the situation, and the lack of response or interest from the Airbnb team.

@Sophie1591   do you have a negative item in your upcoming payouts or did some guest cancel lately ?

@Ryan453 Nope... Only positive. I've had a guest every week for the last 6 weeks or so, but the last three payouts haven't come. The only saving grace is that they are at least still listed in my transaction history as "Upcoming Payouts," but they're now for guests who stayed two weeks ago, last week, and the guests who are currently in my home who arrived on Monday and will be leaving on Friday. Under pending payouts, it's put dates (I assume they're the dates I can expect the payouts?), July 14, 21, and 28 respectively.

i ’m not sure then that was different from my issue

sorry you’re going through it

i eventually got all my money

but it was insanely frustrating to say the least i was so pissed off

we stopped taking any new reservations until we got paid

I recently noticed that a $1300.00 payment for a guest who stayed OVER 1 year ago is still listed as UPCOMING.  I have contacted Airbnb about 9 times- 4 phone calls, 4 messages to a staff member who was helping me.  
Still nothing.  That was over 6 weeks ago now that I brought this to their awareness.  I still don't have my money from 13 months ago, and no one will help me.  

I am so disappointed in Airbnb - I have been a super host for many years- and look forward to finding another platform to host on.  This company is negligent and got too big.  

It's pretty outrageous to wait 14 months for a payment for a completed trip from a guest.

No one has contacted me.  I can't believe they can do this. I would love to contact the media.

Kathy842
Level 6
Dallas, TX

Question for those who have had payments delayed or have not been paid.....Did you make any complaints to Abnb while guest was in the home? Wondering if its retaliation to "train" host not to complain.

I had delayed payment while guest was staying 

this had nothing to do with the guest and i didn’t even advise the guest of it

it did seem like an IT bug in their payment system got my money Tuesday via paypal was delayed 4 days