AirBnb not paying hosts—news media needs to know!

Maria3575
Level 2
Austin, TX

AirBnb not paying hosts—news media needs to know!

I’m in the same situation as many others. Had a guest stay their three nights, they’ve already checked out, and I haven’t been paid. My question is... how do we all come together and get this story to the news media? The only way we are going to get our money is if the company gets negative press coverage. Any ideas?

56 Replies 56
Claire1439
Level 2
Layton, UT

Hello Everyone,

I am also experiencing the lack of payout issue. The payouts I am not getting are in the que in transaction history for payouts, but they never get paid out. This is extremely frustrating. I am not sure if I should just cancel all my reservations and stop taking them. They delayed paying me last time by weeks, now I have two more not being paid. Is Airbnb having solvency issues? Are they going belly up?

Lesley28
Level 3
California, United States

I have 2 reservations Ive not been paid for 8/23 and 8/29. Ive been calling and calling for the last week, sometimes waiting up to an hour on hold. Twice Ive been disconnected by the Airbnb agent and they've never called back. Ive had 3 agents tell me they were escalating  this to another department that could help me. No one has reached out! One Airbnb agent I thought was actually going to follow through. She has been in touch within the last 72 hours but has now stopped responding. Is Airbnb instructing them to ignore us? Seems suspicious and I told my husband every agent says the exact same thing to me like they're reading off a script. I have 2 , month long stays coming up for September and October and I don't know what to do. I cannot have another guest check in without being paid for these last 2 reservations. HELP AIRBNB!

@Lesley28 

I recently noticed that a $1300.00 payment for a guest who stayed OVER 1 year ago is still listed as UPCOMING.  There was no problem with the guest- they simply extended 1 night. Straightforward.

I have contacted Airbnb at least 9 times- 5 phone calls, 4 messages to a staff member who was helping me.  Robotic staff. Same old story. Disconnected- don't get called back.  That song.  Its awful.  

Still nothing.  That was over 6 weeks ago now that I brought this to their awareness.  I still don't have my money from 13 months ago, and no one will help me.  

I am so disappointed in Airbnb - I have been a Super Host for many years- and look forward to finding another platform to host on.  This company is negligent, and got too big.  I have had other issues like this... they don't protect anyone- just their rich corporate selves.

It's pretty outrageous to wait 14 months for a payment for a completed trip from a guest.

No one has contacted me.  I can't believe they can do this. I would love to contact the media.  It's $1300.!!

We need to share our stories collectively

monique dot price at grand Erie dot ca

They owe me over $13,000!  It started happening in March 2024 and they just started keeping ALL payouts.  I’d call numerous times get 2 payouts and they would continue to keep the rest.  This is happening all over the world.  
check out the Skift.com article on Airbnb not paying out hosts 

Monique dot price at grand Erie dot ca

I am having the same issue.  Same canned responses.  
They owed over $13,0000

Look up Skift article

Airbnb not paying out hosts

Kirsten232
Level 2
Cincinnati, OH

I am also experiencing this right now! A guest is staying in the unit for 60 days. We received the first half of her payout promptly after check in, but now the second half is stuck. I have been told it is a “glitch” and that the “stuck payments team” is working on it, but they keep closing the ticket without resolving it. We are now more than two weeks past when it was due and no resolution in sight. It is causing us serious financial hardship - what can we do? @Lizzie 

We need to share our stories

They owe me over $13,000.  No payouts starting randomly after 5 years as superhost.  
Same endless run around.  
this is happening all over the world. 
check out skift article Airbnb not paying out hosts 

Oliver568
Level 2
Shanghai, China

We need to share our stories

No pay outs for months! 
Airbnb suddenly stopped paying out after 5 years! 
$13,000 plus owed

check out skift article Airbnb hosts not getting payouts

same canned responses all over the world 

Rumi50
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

RESTARTING this conversation as it is affecting me - anyone else? 

I am a new Airbnb host in London, in sheer distress and desperation. I recently hosted guests from 1st - 14th October (they leave today) and I have not yet received a payout. Despite the payout showing as ‘released’ in my Airbnb profile on 2/10/22, no funds have reached my bank account.  

I am disgusted by the terrible level of customer service. No one has bothered to proactively contact me in the last 2 days, apart from a routine ‘we’ll get back to you’ message in response to regular contact that I am making to chase the issue.  Airbnb have a responsibility to communicate with, and pay its hosts on time -appalling!

I’m a busy working mother and rather than obtaining the money which I’ve rightfully earned, I am stressed, harassed, upset and now considering seeking counsel from legal professionals and consumer/regulatory champions.

I’m also highly concerned by the large numbers of posts on the community forum from other hosts in EXACTLY the same position, missing huge sums of money all over the world. I get the sense that withholding funds is some intentional internal Airbnb practice that support staff are trained to uphold??!!  If this is the case this MUST be exposed to a larger global audience!

Skift article corroborates our experiences.

No payouts for months

run around

we need to share our stories

Airbnb is trying to play this off as a minor infrequent issue. That is not the case

Richard3344
Level 2
Brant, Canada

I am having the same issue they owed  over $13,000.  After asking for their legal department they sent a little over $3000.  Almost $10,000 still outstanding.  
we need to start a class action suit.