AirCover is completely a lie

Oguzhan11
Level 1
Ankara, Türkiye

AirCover is completely a lie

Hello,

I am a host providing services through Airbnb, and I would like to share the serious issue I have encountered. Despite a guest causing significant damage to my property, Airbnb's AirCover program has failed to provide any satisfactory solution. I have repeatedly contacted customer service and provided all the necessary information regarding the damage and the extra service fees caused by the guest. However, Airbnb has continuously closed my case or provided irrelevant responses. Days, even weeks have passed, and yet there is still no resolution.

I have also noticed that other hosts have experienced similar issues. Airbnb keeps marking my support requests as "under review" and then closes them without offering any real solution. It is unacceptable for such a large platform to neglect such a simple issue that needs to be resolved. Airbnb claims that the damages will be covered under the AirCover program, but in reality, it provides no assurance.

I have suffered financial losses, and my booking revenues have been interrupted due to this issue, yet Airbnb's protection program does not work as promised. I am truly shocked. I will pursue legal action and will do everything in my power to spread awareness of this injustice across all platforms.

Sincerely,
Oguzhan  Dursun

2 Replies 2
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Oguzhan11 😊

I am sorry about that!

As you posted a few days ago, I wanted to check if there are any new updates to your situation.

Have you reached out to the Customer Support Team?

Warm regards, 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Marissa91
Level 2
Carlsbad, NM

Yes I have experienced the same issues.  Communication with Airbnb is horrible.  They never call back when they say they are. They will reply when least expecting it and close the thread right away so I can not respond.  I sent in a list of exact same items with prices from the Walmart web site and they did not recognize the replacement costs.  They sent me half of the cost.  The excess cleaning they said should have been covered by the cleaning fee.  Also said I needed a photo with a date/time stamp showing the dresser wasn't broken prior to the guest arriving.  I was not aware that we need to take photos of everything prior to a guest checking in to get it covered.   Not to mention two big holes put in the carpet in the middle of the bedrooms by kids I assume.  Unraveling the burbur carpet and ripping out the padding also showing the concrete underneath. First Airbnb tried to say it was normal wear and tare.  Then they wanted me to pay for it and then send them the invoice.  I sent them an estimate for material but they Then claimed that the time was up.  I took the time to find the exact items and prices of the linen and stuff on the Walmart site and they totally disregarded the prices anyway.   So I had to pay the extra cleaning and remaining half of the cost of the linen and there is currently holes in the bedroom carpet where the concrete underneath is visible. The holes are approximately the size of a quarter of a slice of bread.  I will have to pay to replace the carpet in both  bedrooms because there is no way to repair it.  In 6 years this was only the second time I tried to claim anything I usually just eat it.  Last time was my $600 AC unit and the time it took to order a new one and the unit sat empty.  I never received a dime for that either.  Thank God I have never had anything major happen.  For a company I have been in business with for 6 years the level of treatment I get is out of this world. Very disappointing.  I recently found out there is two levels of customer service.  Being that I have been a point or two short of making super host apparently that is why I get such horrible service when I contact Airbnb.  I absolutely dread contacting them for anything.   Also the guest who did the damages left me a one star rating and checked every negative thing he could on the review.   Even though they extended their Stay from 3 days to a week.  I don't think anyone would want to stay 4 more days somewhere that was supposedly  in such bad condition.   Retaliatory review  a couple days before the superhost evaluation.  I'm considering other platforms.

Marissa Stearns