Airbnb Payouts PAUSED! More than $100K WITHHELD!

Ariana42
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Airbnb Payouts PAUSED! More than $100K WITHHELD!

Airbnb has not paid out on any of my reservations since September 20, 2022.

I have over $100,000 of payouts that are being withheld.

Airbnb initially wanted me to clarify my business relationship with my management clients and partners. I responded back in the messages and did not receive a response back. Then without notice, I received a message saying my payouts are paused.

I have called Airbnb almost every single day and have not received any sort of solution nor have I made any progress.

Who else is having this problem?

Can ANYONE from Airbnb help me get this sorted out? This is absolutely insane! You are treating your hosts who are pulling multiple 7 figure revenues like they don't even matter.

39 Replies 39
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Catherine-Powell @Brian @Quincy @Jenny @Emilie @Stephanie 

Some input from ABB Admin would be appreciated to help us all be paid who have acted in Good Faith, thanks in advance

@Ariana42 @Carla-Elsabeth0 @Luis-Rodrigo2 @Errol37 @RobandJen0 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Carla-Elsabeth0 
I did my best to explain the Timeline of Events that lead to my unfortunate situation of having my Payments Paused.

I've since seen that KYC, Thales  Group, U.S.A  pays a small sum of monies  to those in Customer Services who partake in their KYC program for verifying ID or not verifying ID and wonder if perhaps a little scam is going on to get bonuses, or a lack of understanding of context and different situations that arise, which in itself is unacceptable.

Things can and do get 'Lost in Translation' regardless of where we are from and Languages we use.

Fact of the matter is they should not be asking for information that is already on files, nor denying payments.

My listing reverted to a 'New Listing' for 'Reviews' when I recently changed Address which triggered their 'Write your first Review.

A little commonsense and courtesy doesn't go astray.

How would Customer Services people feel if they were not paid for services provided in Good Faith?

@Ariana42 

@Jenny @Emilie 

Exactly!! How would Customer Services people feel if they were not paid for the services provided? I asked the same Customer Service people this many times at Airbnb

Same here. Airbnb has been jerking me around since Oct 11 with no payouts. Have been calling every day with no concrete answers or solutions. @Airbnb @Quincy @admin whoever the admin is, is this how you treat your hosts? What are we supposed to do to get the payouts you owe us? 

Same issue here! @Airbnb , @Quincy 

I have been awaiting my payouts since early October. I'm owed over Eur 3,000. 

I escalated many times, tried with Chat and calling ambassadors, and always the same standard response.  No one knows what's going on!

@Andrea5836 have you given Airbnb the new tax info required for EU countries?

Yes! 4 weeks ago, 

then they said everything is ok its just waiting in the queue to be reviewed,

then i was told there was a technical problem 

then i was told it was not a technical problem, and back in the queue 

then i was asked why I'm using an LT IBAN when I am a Maltese resident. I have already explained its a Revolut account which are based in Lithuania. ( it is not permitted in the EU to discriminate against the country of the IBAN, and is against SEPA regulation - see article 9) In the end I provided an MT Iban just so I can get paid. 

and still nothing! 

The last message from them is this:

"Thank you for your prompt response and patience regarding your account verification.
We understand your concern.
We will continue with your account review and we will contact you again if we need further information.

Thank you"

I don't know what more to do. 

Still no contact from airbnb. It's been 5 weeks now and still no contact. Really appalling how I'm being treated. 

@Airbnb

This is crazy! My payments are also two weeks later and no closer to being solved either!! Does airbnb even have to money to pay its hosts!

I am also having problems and the reservations are going into the $1,000's owed to me. I have been calling daily for the past two weeks and i keep getting fake promises of a call back to which never happens. I ask to escalate this matter further to a supervisor as after two weeks my patience has started to wear thin. I can't seem to find one representative that can help me. Help!!!