Airbnb Referral is a total fraud. I was there when he clicked on my link

Gabriel4116
Level 1
Austin, TX

Airbnb Referral is a total fraud. I was there when he clicked on my link

I overheard at the airport today someone had a similar experience to mine. Which made me mad. Did not say anything but i am here to see if there is someone else.

I was obviously furious because i got my friend to rent his place, he was very hesitant because of his privacy and space. But i said try it out, we both get credit and we use the $ 700+ on our next trip.

The customer service rep kept asking for proof which i screenshot when i sent the link. (Few days before his first guest)  but she asked for more proof and kept avoiding the facts. I obviously didn't not have a proof because it never said to take a screen recording when signing up so that request was obviously BS. Which it made me so mad of the incompetence and lack of transparency from airbnb and the fact that customers service representative make you feel like a total idiot. I have been a super host and got several people to sign up for it. My mom as well has been a super host for 5 years ina row. I obviously know what i am doing. I hope we can get legal action  if I don't get this resolved. On top of that because i was obviously furious they said they would put my account on a warning and possibly close it because i started yelling at her.

I am looking at other options and i will share my disagreement on becoming s host with airbnb.

This is not going to end here.

7 Replies 7
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Gabriel4116 

You will find you are not the only one on here there is other post,

Airbnb's referral program stinks I never got a penny, and also here in Thailand we only get $25 so why do you guys get $700? 

I have never referred anyone for a long time,

But I did get 100 GBP this morning from another company,

I believe they say they would give more because it is much more expensive to live in the United States than in Thailand. Which at the end doesn't matter because they didn't give me anything. I was there when my friend signed up and the dates match with my screenshot of when i sent the link and the first time he hosted a guest.  He also opened a ticket and they told him the same thing over and over again 

@Gabriel4116 

I dont think I referred one person in Thailand, A few in Australia one friend for sure who live on the Gold coast and he did very well, what did I get? sweet FA 

I heard it was much cheaper and that's why many friends from Mexico have gone there but I would love to go! It's one of the places on my list for sure! They said it was beautiful and people were really kind

@Gabriel4116 

Have you been to Thailand? It's not that much cheaper

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

This comes across as another one of those programs Airbnb should drop and skip the 'joy' of getting yelled at.

@Fred13 

Move the staff to another department?