Airbnb Won't Release My Payouts

Answered!
IManageAir-Bnb0
Level 3
Ontario, Canada

Airbnb Won't Release My Payouts

Hi There, 

I'm at a loss at the moment as Airbnb has not released a payout to me since December 12, 2022 and I'm now owed around 65k in outstanding payouts. Airbnb support has been a complete nightmare. I've been in touch with them for about 6 weeks now and they keep passing me off to someone else or closing the support chat, saying it's been resolved or telling me it's been escalated and someone will reach out. It's the most frustrating process and I'm now encountering a lot of financial troubles due to the payouts being on hold. 

I'm a Superhost and I've been an Airbnb host for multiple properties for almost 9 years now. 

Recently Airbnb asked me to enter my business info which I did and still no payouts were released. I was then asked to re-enter all the same info and still no payouts have been released. 

Every time I call they say there's already an open support case and someone will contact me but I'm getting no where. 

Has anyone else had this problem and have any advice? I desperately need these payouts to be released immediately. 

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer

Hi @IManageAir-Bnb0 ,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know! The related team would have gotten in touch with you through a message thread last week! I hope you have addressed that thread.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @IManageAir-Bnb0 ,

I totally understand how frustrated you would be! I have raised your concern to the related team if they have any updates regarding this. I hope you have it resolved soon!

-----

Thank you but I’m still waiting for a reply from customer support for this. They’re definitely lacking a sense of urgency, given that I’m missing over 70k now and can’t pay my mortgages. 

It’s not right the way Airbnb is handling this. 

Hi @IManageAir-Bnb0 ,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know! The related team would have gotten in touch with you through a message thread last week! I hope you have addressed that thread.

-----

Sara8077
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

No they dont and you should know that already.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Sara8077 ,

I noticed your comment on another thread and have forwarded your concerns to the payments team if they have any updates. 

Just to confirm again, have your payments been released to a closed bank account?

-----

Sara8077
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Bhumika but the payments team won’t do anything I have messaged & called like 20 times. 

So the problem was that WISE the payment service I used asked for randomly m verifications and I hadn’t responded in time -by the time I uploaded the documents they needed was already too late so they have returned the money £1146.20 to sender airbnb 

this was on March 5 and they also provided a official copy of the transfer 

but airbnb still didn’t resend my. Money and in the meantime issued another payment to the same account. 
we are in 2023 it would take a half intelligent person less then half an hour to locate a return payment with a proof of transaction at hand 

but airbnb doesn’t seem to care at all

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Sara8077 ,

Your frustration is understandable. Although, I would be uttering the same words here, but I am passing this to the team for further review and asking if there are any updates. Thank you for giving more details on your concerns. It surely helps.

-----

Sara8077
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks but at this stage I am more interested in making an official complaint against the payment team and airbnb negligence towards its hosts  

cuz nothing I wrote here is news to the team they just don’t care  

Sara8077
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Just to remind the payment was returned to airbnb citi bank account successfully on 14 April I have a proof of transfer that was provided to airbnb on the day. 
how can airbnb justify holding on to my money ?  This is something I worked for and the guest had paid for and left a 5 star review for 

maybe they should know that the host didn’t get their money 

They did get a hold of me and keep asking me for information I have provided twice already. I keep getting these generic messages from them. NO ONE IS LISTENING TO ME.  

Is there just a robot answering my questions? It's like no one is actually checking my account and reading my feedback. I have done EVERYTHING I've been asked to do and I'm still being ignored. 

AIRBNB CONFIRMATION.png

I received this notification 6 weeks ago when I filled out the KYC required form. AIRBNB CONFIRMATION.png

Richard2697
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

Same thing happening to me too. It's the second time in 6 months. Last time it took over 2 months to get payout started. Right now it's already been a month and half. It seems like a lot of people are having this problem and Airbnb is not addressing it at all.

It's incredibly frustrating. I have three properties and I'm struggling to pay the mortgages. It's been three months now since I've received any payouts. I just keep getting these generic answers and you can never get a real person whose willing to look into it on the spot. 

There's a serious flaw in Airbnb's customer support. 

Much of it is ITTemplate related.

But why do they really need to collect all this information that is already provided by honest people to the Government anyway,  more so if one is a Business?

@IManageAir-Bnb0

@Richard2697