Airbnb cannot process payouts in my BPI bank account

Answered!

Airbnb cannot process payouts in my BPI bank account

To Filipino hosts out there who have successfully registered a BPI bank account and has been receiving payouts, I need your help as my account keeps having errors. A suspected reason is the required Bank Code upon registering. Because BPI customer support is not sure of what exactly it is. They only know the swift code. Home someone can help. Thank you.

1 Best Answer

Hi everyone who is encountering the same problem, I have finally solved this. Below are the correct BPI codes that Airbnb apparently honors:

Swift Code: BOPIPHMMXXX

Bank Code: 010040018

Apparently, the swift code is the culprit. The "XXX" needs to be added at the end of it. Good thing, I tried it. I really hope Airbnb can pinpoint errors more specifically in the future as this problem took a lot of trial and error attempts. Especially that most banks doesn't really include "XXX" anymore when they provide their swift codes.

View Best Answer in original post

35 Replies 35
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mark5136 ! Welcome to the Community Center🌻!

I noticed your post and know of some Host members from the Philippines who are superhelpful to Hosts in our Community Center. I am quickly reaching out to them if they could help us by providing some guidance in this regards : @Patricia2526 @Bea2137 💝.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika, thank you so much for helping me reach out. Hope you have a wonderful day ahead of you.

Kirsch-Mega0
Level 2
Metro Manila, Philippines

Hi @Mark5136 ,

Has this issue been resolved? Did you finally get your payouts? What is the BPI bank code you keyed in? We are also having an issue with our payout acct, getting the same errors as you, so any assistance on how this was resolved would truly be helpful to us.

Thank you.

Hi @Kirsch-Mega0, unfortunately not yet. Just recently removed and added account. I tried to use this swift code this time around:

BOPIPHMMXXX

Then I used this bank code again:

Hoping again that this fixes it. If still not, I want to try to put 010 as the bank code.

HI @Mark5136 ! 

Where you able to resolve this issue? If yes, can you share with me the settings you made?

Hi @Kirsch-Mega0  and @Joanne878,

I have finally solved this. Below are the correct codes that Airbnb apparently honors:

Apparently, the swift code is the culprit. The "XXX" needs to be added at the end of it. I hope this also works for you.

Kirsch-Mega0
Level 2
Metro Manila, Philippines

Unfortunately, it didn't work for us. How about you, @Joanne878

Did not work too. I created a paypal account instead 😞

Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Mark5136  & @Bhumika  

I am using BPI for 5 years as my payout method. Suggest to remove and add again.

SWIFT Code for BPI is BOPIPHMM. 

SWIFT code is usually composed of 8 to 11 digits that identify a bank for easy and quick financial transfer worldwide.

It follows this exact format:

• Bank code: Four characters
  • Country code: Two characters
  • Location code: Two characters
  • “Optional branch” identifier: Three characters

So for BOPIPHMM

Bank code- BOPI

Country code- PH

Location code-MM

Hope this helps.

Hi Patricia, thank you so much for this. But just to clarify, "BOPI" is what I will put in the Bank Code correct?

Then for the Swift Code, it should still be the full "BOPIPHMM"

Hi @Patricia2526 sorry I just forgot to tag you in my reply above. Hope you can clarify. Thank you so much!

Hi @Patricia2526 and @Bhumika,

I have finally solved this thanks to you. Below are the correct codes that Airbnb apparently honors:

Apparently, the swift code is the culprit. The "XXX" needs to be added at the end. In both of my consultation with the bank, no one suggested to add that to swift code. So I'm so glad that I tried it as you Patricia suggested. Thank you so much again.

Hello @Mark5136

You’re welcome! Happy to help 🙂 Whew! Glad you got it all sorted. 

Hi Patricia,

Do you have any other suggestion? Our bank details were still rejected despite using the suggested information by Mark. 😥

Thank you for your assistance in advance.