Airbnb company's security policy

Answered!

Airbnb company's security policy

There is a lot of this posted all over the place. As for the company Airbnb Inc, I am still not clear what is their security policy and liability regarding door lock codes.

As a customer, I expect that the Company to guarantee that never the same code is given for the same door, to more than one renter. So no previous guest can enter the premises after their rental time expired!

Also the code should be given only on the day the renting period starts, so nobody can enter while other person is still there.

Is any Airbnb qualified representant reading this and can shed some light?

Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb have no control over a hosts check in procedures including whether hosts change their lock codes @Endre26 

And of course codes shouldn't just be given on the day of travel , some guests have long travel times and need the code before they travel. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Endre26 

I suspect that this is left up to the host, and Airbnb has insured against having any liability for any lock situation. It would be too difficult to monitor and enforce otherwise.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb have no control over a hosts check in procedures including whether hosts change their lock codes @Endre26 

And of course codes shouldn't just be given on the day of travel , some guests have long travel times and need the code before they travel. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The company Airbnb Inc., I don't think is in the security business, as in lock making or the handling of their codes.

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

our Yale lock is programmed for the entry date and time as well as the expiration date and time. The code is unique to each guest. This really doesn’t sound like an issue