Airbnb didn't protect me when a guest made a false claim for bedbugs which are non existent in Puerto Rico - any advice?

Answered!
Roberto725
Level 1
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

Airbnb didn't protect me when a guest made a false claim for bedbugs which are non existent in Puerto Rico - any advice?

A client didn’t knew bedbugs are not a thing of Puerto Rico,she demanded a refund without proof and without knowing this fact.I told Airbnb because after I denied the refund the client started inventing things.If the apt was that bad why she stayed the whole week? She just wanted a refund and I got robbed even though she didn’t sent me any proof and don’t know why Airbnb gave her a refund without my consent,after they wrote an awful review and got caught in the lie and scam.I’m very mad it was completely unfair I’m even considering getting out of Airbnb if things like this will be the norm,the customer is not always right,she used the apt ** I sent all possible explanation,I even gave a heads up and they still robbed me for almost $200 without proof and after the fact and I know if she sent something it was fabricated.NOT FAIR! Watch out for people that asks refund even before the start of the reservation and Bedbugs are not existent in Puerto Rico Airbnb SUCKS!

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Roberto725 

Sorry to hear about this.

I have asked the team to have another look at this case for you.  Someone will be in touch once they've had a chance to review.

I also wanted to let you know that I updated your post title a bit so that people could see what you were needing help with, in case your fellow Hosts have any other advice for you.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Roberto725 

Sorry to hear about this.

I have asked the team to have another look at this case for you.  Someone will be in touch once they've had a chance to review.

I also wanted to let you know that I updated your post title a bit so that people could see what you were needing help with, in case your fellow Hosts have any other advice for you.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines