Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Airbnb distinctive notification

Donna610
Level 2
Norris Point, Canada

Airbnb distinctive notification

I am using a Samsung s21+. Even though I've set my airbnb notifications to the airbnb distinctive sound, I still get normal notification sounds. Anyone else have this problem?

4 Replies 4

Hi @Donna610 

Yes, lots of other Hosts having this problem. I have an iPhone 14 and took awhile for me to figure out the problem. I'm not familiar with Android?  Most were able to resolve by deleting the App and reinstalling on their phone? Also, double check your Airbnb Notification settings are turned ON (assume you have already checked this). Maybe another Host using Android can chime in here.

Here is another thread about it:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Notifications-from-Airbnb-switched-off/m-...

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Thank you @Joan2709 for your support here. 

Edit: to relevant content. 

Sorry @Donna610, I mis read your post so previously provided incorrect information! 😅 

You'll need to check with the Samsung s21 manual to see why the sounds are not overriding the Airbnb ones - perhaps they even have a forum you could ask? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey everyone 👋

Thank you for sharing your recent feedback about the Airbnb app sound notifications and the support that has been given on the thread.

As always, your insights and suggestions are very important in helping Airbnb improve and enhance your overall experience. The conversation here as well as other feedback they have received about the Airbnb app sound notifications has been very helpful.

The product team has recently been looking at new ways of improving engagement with important notifications. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with Airbnb's product teams.

Once again, thank you for your ongoing support,
Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Donna610 

Yes...Airbnb for some reason has changed the notification tone to a barely audible "plop". 

We all want the old tone back! Not sure when (or if) Airbnb will correct it though. Below a thread discussing a workaround that was created. It's kinda "techy" but I'm using it (it works!) and other Hosts have reported it works. However, it only works if you have turned ON SMS texts in your Notifications in your account. It will not work for push notifications from the App that is currently the lame, barely audible tone.

Let us know if you are able to use the suggested way to create the Airbnb ringtone using Garage Band and if its working for you. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/What-happened-to-the-unique-notification-