Airbnb in Las Vegas

Answered!
Alejandro1389
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Airbnb in Las Vegas

I’m messaging the community to see if someone knows what’s best to do in this case, besides not renting the house anymore. Thank you so much in advance

B8DB8096-780F-4D2F-AE4D-406AE845965D.jpeg

1 Best Answer

Hi Helen3,

thank you so much for your answer. You are completely right, I don’t see any other options.  I’ve been hosting since 2019 and short-term  rentals were not allowed by the city Of Las Vegas, but we had over 10’000 houses for rent on the Airbnb platform. This wasn’t good for all the hotels in Las Vegas and the City. It was a battle for years until they made a decision this year and this decision complied with their plan and effort to reduce and get rid of the short- term rentals in Las Vegas. You can apply now and there is a wait list until March and apparently, according to the agent I spoke with yesterday, there is only a limited amount of license. I can see its in the process, but the short-term rentals issue it hasn’t been resolved yet, and to me this is just an strategic decision to again reduce and eliminate Airbnb from Las Vegas unfortunately. I know what I have to do now, I just wanted to share this with the community. thank you again @Elen3

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Is it not possible to apply for a license?

Hi Pat271,

thank you so much for your reply. I spoke with the agent who left the letter outside of my house and he said that I can submit a request, but the wait list is until March. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

It sounds like you didn't check STR regulations in your area before you started to host @Alejandro1389 ?

What other option do you feel you have but to comply with the notice and apply for a license before hosting again. 

Hi Helen3,

thank you so much for your answer. You are completely right, I don’t see any other options.  I’ve been hosting since 2019 and short-term  rentals were not allowed by the city Of Las Vegas, but we had over 10’000 houses for rent on the Airbnb platform. This wasn’t good for all the hotels in Las Vegas and the City. It was a battle for years until they made a decision this year and this decision complied with their plan and effort to reduce and get rid of the short- term rentals in Las Vegas. You can apply now and there is a wait list until March and apparently, according to the agent I spoke with yesterday, there is only a limited amount of license. I can see its in the process, but the short-term rentals issue it hasn’t been resolved yet, and to me this is just an strategic decision to again reduce and eliminate Airbnb from Las Vegas unfortunately. I know what I have to do now, I just wanted to share this with the community. thank you again @Elen3

https://www.glvstra.org/

Check out LV Short term rental assoc.  They are suing Clark County.  Donate and help the cause.   It's very likely what Clark County us doing is unconstitutional. 

Thank you so much Ericdnw0!!!

Eric6221
Level 2
Henderson, NV

How did they find you

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Simple. They check the listings in their area on Airbnb. @Eric6221