Airbnb refusing to pay host

Answered!
Stephen1192
Level 1
Naples, FL

Airbnb refusing to pay host

Airbnb is refusing to pay host. I have waited the 7 days. I have contacted customer service without resolution. I have been given numerous excuses and have had my post removed due to an "Unexpected error" 

After the tenant contact is complete, I will be removing my post. If I'm not paid prior to the tenant contract expiring, I will be forced to sue Airbnb for compensation. Unfortunately, the costs of lawyers fees are less than the amount owed. 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephen1192  I see you have a new listing, no reviews. New hosts have to wait for the payment for their first booking for up to 30 days- this is standard and normal. After that, your payments should be as normal- 24 hours or a few days after check-in.

And when you get that "unexpected error" message when trying to post, it isn't that your post has been removed. This site is glitchy, and messages time-out and sometimes disappear into cyberspace when you hit Reply. Copy your posts before hitting Reply so you can just paste hem back in a new message box quickly and then hit Reply again.

And FYI, if you think you are talking to Airbnb here, you aren't. This is just a discussion, vent, ask questions forum for hosts and guests.

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 Well all I can say is 'I read it when I started hosting' I have just looked everywhere and now can't find it so I guess Airbnb have just changed it and not told us. 

@Stephen1192 Given that my 30 days was out of date can I apologise and ask what it says in your transaction history (its in the menu when you click on yourself top right of the hosting pages I think)

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Stephen1192 Added advice:

Don't use Airbnb for long term rentals. They don't collect any money past the first month and so you are likely to. create a tenancy with no financial security whatsoever.

If CS says the guest has not paid then I would start the eviction process immediately which will likely involve lawyers and expense but is better than risking your apartment.

Stephen1192
Level 1
Naples, FL

After several calls I received an email from the "Payout" department. They advised the delay was "subject to a routine security check to preserve the integrity of your account and your funds".

But, since I requested the funds, the security measure has been lifted and the funds will be dispersed. I get the feeling if I had not made the requests to the Payout department, I would have to wait longer. Likely the 30 days being referenced. @Sarah977 @Mike-And-Jane0  @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Dale711 

Tom891
Level 2
Caseyville, IL

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Javier1323
Level 2
Bogota, Colombia

AIRBNB JUST NOT PROVIDING ANY STATUS ON A PAYMENT OPEN CASE FOR 12 DAYS - NOT PAYING AND NO DECENT SUPPORT PROVIDING A MINIMUM STATUS OR FOLLOWUP- IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE - I KINDLY INVITE YOU TO CHECK MY CASE AND EVEN THE RECORDINGS OF MY CALLS

I would love to look at your case and join you to what I have going on. We can make a difference and get what is rightfully ours if we stick together. I have attached how much they currently owe me and are doing the same thing as they did to you but going on for over 69 days now.

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Booked Out, LLC

Ashlee65_0-1659739015038.png

Airbnb has held funds of ours equaling to over 11k now. They refuse to get back to us, disconnect the chats when asking about it, and will not give us anything whatsoever. I have done all I can do, any advice as I am about to hire an attorney and probably pay him as much as airbnb owes me just to get the money.

We generated over 1 million through Airbnb last year and they treat us like this.

Booked Out, LLC