Applying discounts

Catherine2318
Level 1
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Applying discounts

I offer a monthly discount, but have never had a request until today for a monthly rental.  When the request came in, I could not determine why the price was so low.  Basically, every discount you offer on the site is applied to every request or booking.  I do not think that this is a fair way of doing things.  I offer a 10% early bird discount, and a 10% last minute booking discount for short term rentals.  If you combine one of those with the monthly discount the rate is crazy low.  

My opinion is there should be an option to apply only the monthly discount and all others should be for short term rentals.

Any thoughts?

2 Replies 2
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Catherine2318,

Many hosts, including me, would agree with you, and go further to say that hosts should be able to determine which discounts can be compounded on the same reservation.  Right now, the only way to work around that is to decrease the monthly discount percentage if you are going to keep the early bird and last minute discounts (I may be wrong, but I don't think a guest would be able to get both of these two discounts in the same booking).

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Catherine2318  Yep, yep and yep! This is one of a few reasons why I elect not to automatically enact any discounts. I advertise in my listing description that I may offer a discounted rate for longer stays, and the guest must send an 'inquiry" with trip dates and guest count, to learn more. That way, no surprises, and I have control over the process and the discount!