Aransas County Occupancy/Hotel Tax

Robert4820
Level 2
Austin, TX

Aransas County Occupancy/Hotel Tax

Anyone here renting out of Rockport, TX? I know AirBnB collects the State Occupancy tax for us, but I can't seem to find a good reference for whether or not I am subject to a county occupancy or hotel tax in Aransas County, TX. 

1 Reply 1
Nash-Cottages-LLC0
Level 10
Nashville, TN

@Robert4820

We don't live in your area - sorry - but thought you might appreciate an idea as to how to find out the answer to your question: call your county's tax clerk's office. They will know what you need to do just be financially and emotionally prepared for their answer. We also suggest that no matter the answer, you email the person with whom you spoke with a summary of the conversation (e.g., your understanding) so that if an issue arises in the future, say for example you might have mistakenly been given wrong information, you have documentation to show your understanding of the conversation. It also allows the county staff to provide you with more accurate information should they need to offer it to you. We are not tax advisors or attorneys or any other legal or financial professionals, so take these ideas, as it is meant: from one host to another.