Arbitration Case vs. AirnBnB in November 2022

Jordan20
Level 2
Castle Rock, CO

Arbitration Case vs. AirnBnB in November 2022

I have my Arbitration Hearing vs. AirnBnB, Inc for unpaid Host Guarantee property damage claims scheduled for November 2022.  My arbitration case is pretty straightforward-- guests caused damages to my property, and AirBnB either didn't pay for the costs or short paid as part of the Host Guarantee or AirCover policies.  I tried all avenues to resolve without going this route, but the lack of support and communication from AirBnB was discouraging.  So, I filed for arbitration to get paid for my incurred damages and associated costs.

My Arbitration Hearing is in November 2022 vs. Shartis Friese which is AirBnB's outside counsel (i.e., lawyers).

I am lining up all my documentation, emails, etc. for the upcoming hearing in a few weeks.

If you have any suggestions or past experience in an arbitration hearing vs. AirBnB, please share with on this post or message me privately.

For background, I am a Host since 2014 with 800+ online AirBnB reviews, and over 250 reservations per year on AirBnB (and another 50 per year on VRBO).  I have been a landlord for 25 years.  I believe in fairness, and if a renter damages your property, they should reimburse for the costs.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jordan20 I would target misrepresentation of what Aircover is in all the advertising. The terms and conditions, as I read them, allow Airbnb to decide wether or not to pay out so fear you will lose if you take this route. Good luck and do let us know how you get on

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jordan20 

Just a quick note to let you know that I've sent you a private message about this.

Thanks,

Jenny 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Jenny, I’m going through the exact same scenario with the arbitration, Is there anything you want to share ? Thanks so much

The-Brownes1
Level 1
Bridgetown, Barbados

I recently won my arbitration against airbnb. I was wondering if your case is over?

They have stopped replying once the award was in my favour and the arbitrator stated I would need to take them to court to have it enforced. So was wondering if this was your experience as well?

Andy3617
Level 3
Cottonwood, AZ

Hi Jordan, I’m about to start arbitration due to the exact reason you stated, i was wondering what your outcome was and if there is anything i needed to know or you may be able to help with, i appreciate it