Arizona TPT

Arizona TPT

I filled out the 5019. Do I need any other tax forms for Arizona?? Also on the drop down, it show no gross income to report. Do I select this??

Thanks

8 Replies 8
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hello @Mark5313,

Just going to tag the helpful members from your original post here.  

@Michael8449@Dawn241@Lorna170 and @Suzanne862 

Hello all, you were so very helpful on Marks original post and I wondered if you could help them further with his tax form questions? 

Many thanks in advance, 

Rebecca

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Bhumika_0-1706643520301.png

[Image modified in line with the Community Center Guidelines due to privacy concerns]

@Dawn241 Those specifics were helpful, however when I go to add deductions for the two items that appear in my return (one is Pima County Personal Property Rental - 014, the other is Tucson Rental, Leasing and Licensing for use of TPP - 214), neither have available codes of 025, 044, 144, or 775.

Is it possible I set up my profile or classification wrong since those rental codes are not available? I'm stumped and just received a letter that my return wasn't filed so I want to resolve this asap. Any guidance or help you can offer is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

@Sebastian-And-Giovanna0 Yes you can add new codes and delete the old codes. They will show up next time you file, just continue to delete the wrong codes each time you file. I did the same thing when first getting started and the state is no help, they say the have a compliance email and phone number but I never heard back from anyone,  except for a letter saying I didn’t file like you got. 

For short term rental- 28 days or less- airbnb and VRBO collect and remit all taxes on your behalf. add codes 025, 044, 144. I file quarterly - is that what you are doing? Example Oct/nov/dec- pick filing for December 2023. Put total amount earned under each of the three codes, then enter exemption code 775 and the total amount again which brings the total liability to $0. You don’t have to pay again, Airbnb and VRBO collect and remit on your behalf so you are only filing not paying anything. 

unless you do long term-rental 29 days or more, and/or book direct or any other website besides Airbnb or VRBO, in which case you would have to pay. 

Thanks for your help in finally understanding what to do. Got them filed 🙂

If we wanted to sell items to guests, those could be reported on the same return, just different line items correct?

Correction short term 29 days or less, long term 30 days or more. 

I don’t know about selling items, I provide toothbrushes, toothpaste, coffee, teas, pretzels, snacks, water, post cards, etc. I built this into my price. Not everyone uses everything or takes everything. 

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

No gross receipts is only chosen if you didn’t make any money for the period you are filing- ex. Quarterly