Attracting travel nurses to my Abnb

Attracting travel nurses to my Abnb

How are others attracting traveling healthcare professionals? I am interested in growing my longer term guest

5 Replies 5
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Linda3818 

You might want to read this article comparing Furnished Finder v Airbnb

Regarding traveling nurses,

https://bit.ly/3cCmjeA 

@Sudsrung0  Good article, although some of it may be outdated.

For instance, I am able to list on Furnished Finder with a 3-day minimum.

Also, it says the fees on Airbnb are less transparent. I think changes over the last year or so have improved the display of the host and guest fees.

I have rented to a guest on Furnished Finder successfully once, to a computer professional, for 28 days. I will not rent for longer that 28 days without a full, signed, long-term rental lease.

I think the major downside to Furnished Finder is that the majority of guests are wanting a monthly rent that is much lower than the current market rate, at least in my area.

I was looking into the same thing. I found the article and FF as suggested but I am not sure I like the platform of how a booking is completed. Seems there is a lot more work involved and FF is not specific to nurses/health care professionals...anyone can use that site and post a booking request. You have to do your own background checks, which you can do through their site but I wasn't sure if that would work well for me. A lot more hands on for vetting etc.

I was contemplating having my listing refer to my ABB listing  for booking and then adjust the agreed upon rate for the guest if they could prove they were a nurse/health care professional. But I am not sure that would work either.. It would be nice if you could add a deduction for a group or a cause (like traveling nurses, first responders etc.)  instead of just time frames in your listing, but that's not an option. 

I read in another forum when researching this that you could contact the HR department of the local hospitals near your STR to let them know you have a property to rent, especially if you have specific dates of availability. Sometimes that is effective apparently.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely try that!

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Linda3818   Speak to the HR department of your local hospitals and residential facilities and ask what travelling nurse companies they use.  You can also ask if they keep a list of local properties or if they suggest certain real estate companies who provide housing to travelling nurses or healthcare professionals coming to the hospital.  Hopefully they will talk to you.

My sister is a travelling nurse and the companies that she contracts with usually provide her with a list of potential rental properties.