Australia - NSW private room

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

Australia - NSW private room

Hoping to find a NSW host who can help. I have 3 listings that are whole homes and I applied and recorded my NSW STRA number. I am now trying to list a private room in my home but Airbnb is mandating that I have a registration number. I have rung for help, but as usual it was useless. They simply told me to ask the NSW Government for an exemption.

The only workaround I can come up with is to put one of my other registration numbers against this one (not sure if that will work or cause issues though as the addresses won't match.

Anyone have any ideas?

2 Replies 2
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Gillian19 

This CC is more focused on help between hosts, and sometime other guest, than on your type of research.
You will have a better chance of finding interested hosts by visiting your local Host Clubs. 😊

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Discussions-locales/ct-p/en_clubs

Have a good day,

Annie
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Annie1372 That is exactly why I posted on the CC - I am hoping that another host in NSW can help. This is not research. I know the rules in NSW just seeing how other hosts have got around Airbnbs over zealous automated rules that prevent me from activating my listing. I have been on it for over 5 years so am quite familiar with it.