Winter Release Q&A session

Awaiting Payment

Answered!
Slawomir0
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Awaiting Payment

Hi all

It is happen second time I have accepted booking request and then it shows Awaiting Payment anyone had similar problem?
Thanks

Top Answer
Slawomir0
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

When you go to 'your reservations' in first column 'status' always you got in green color 'accepted' instead that I got in yellow 'awaiting payment'.

My understanding of process of payment is when the guests send me booking request Airbnb checking they card details and if everything is ok send to me booking request. There are only 2 options scam or airbnb has faulty payment system . I use other website to get a booking and never happen something like this. if I accepted payment/booking request all is ok.

View Top Answer in original post

99 Replies 99

Hello! Finally what did you do with the payment? I have the same problem..
Angela270
Level 5
New South Wales, Australia

Awaiting payment means the guest has had a problem paying Airbnb (usually a credit card out of date), the dates on your calender will be blocked for 24 hours to give the guest a chance to pay (personally i think they should only get 2 hours!) after this time if they have not paid then your dates are opened back up again. They will not see your address until they have paid so until this time (if you see awaiting payment) you should not give out your address, if they ask for it you can just say once they complete payment the address will come up. 

Exactly. The "guest" may book all youryour days property without paying and you will be waiting 24 hours without a chance to get any reservation for any days since all your days will be block "awaiting for payments" . Those days will be ublocked 24 hour later, when everyone who was about to book your place booked somthing else  and will never come to you again.

How do you guys like that.

Does anyone like it .

It will destroy airbnb, if they will not remove it .

It is killing mashine against competitors.

Guest can resolve Awaiting payment this way https://airbnbase.com/awaiting-payment/

Hans-and-Karlien0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hello,

I have the same issue. The status is already for more than 24 hours awaiting payment. Although the guest says she paid. But the status does not give me any clarity, and I want to avoid that the 'booking' will be removed last minute, so I cannot open it for other guests. In my Listing the booking of the guest is in the lsit as awaitintg and canceled by the way.. Airbnb could you please clarify this asap!

Kind regards Hans

Same problem for me.

Chad16
Level 1
Milwaukee, WI

This is very frustrating... I too have an "Awaiting Payment" which blocks the availability of my listing... The guest FINALLY got back to me saying that she has no intention of staying at my listing, but DIDN"T CANCEL... 

What has happened to the host service at Airbnb?????  

I have the same issue! I can't tell whether the dates are blocked for other guests or not. But my guest has also informed me she will not be coming but hasn't replied to my requests that she cancel it. Airbnb should not allow hosts to sit in this weird limbo state! 

I am in the same situation. More that 24 hours in this limbo and its peak season!
As hosts can we not cancel this bookings?? And get rid of these problems??

I just had the same situation. I scheduled the cleaning people for $75, accepted the reservation, and then got an "awaiting payment" notice. This has never happened before. I use Airbnb because I assumed they were verifying payment before having me accept a reservation. I am quite upset that I went to the trouble of making sure my guest had an excellent experience yet was given a false expectation that the reservation was guaranteed. I'm also out $75 out of pocket. 

April52
Level 3
Geneva, Switzerland

Same issue for me. I don't see any solutions from AirBnB on this forum. Where else can we look for support?

same here !

It is your competitors selling those days while you are waiting 24 hous. You should be smarter my friend.

Hamidreza0
Level 1
San Diego, CA

this is unacceptable by airbnb,,,we just lost a day because of scam ...some one said awaiting payement and it blocks the date

Tj7
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I have had two separate of these awaiting payment issues two days in a row. I called airbnb and spoke to a representative about declining these guests, airbnb will not change their policy my listing is off the market with no secured payment for 24 hours. Why would airbnb hold on to a hosts opportunity to make money? I was told that the odds of the payment issue being fixed are greater than the chances of it failing, still airbnb takes all the host rights away in order to protect airbnb interest for 24 hours. The fact that a host hits accept and gets an immediate "uh-oh there seems to be a problem with the payment" is proof that the software aribnb uses can immediately detect if there is an issue with a guests payment option. This simple line or two of software code should reside when the guests clicks "book"  not when the host gets stuck with a blocked calendar. I told this to the aribnb representative....he would not help me cancel the awaiting payment reservation and left me feeling like this policy is not going to change