Bad reviews because of other guests

Answered!

Bad reviews because of other guests

Hell all. I am a co-host for our cozy Air BnB. I make the reservations and interact with guests when needed. The owners are 100% on property. They are very dedicated to making the rooms we let out for guests very clean and perfect. The Kitchen and bathroom are included as shared common rooms. The guests are required to clean up after themselves.(ie) do the dishes that they dirty, sweep the floor if it needs it, clean the shower and bathroom sink. Take the garbage out when it's full. It's in our Guidebooks for our guests. Why don't they read everything in the information about our Air BnB? It's all right there. in the guide books. We let them know that if they need anything to message or come up to visit us, we ask them when we greet them to do so when they arrive. We have received a 3 Star review because of one set of guests Vs. another set of guests. The issues were not brought up to any of us hosts at all. Matter of fact the guest and I had perfect communication throughout her stay with us. If something would have been said, it would have been addressed. We are a 5 star Air BnB 13 times in a row, Until now! Frustrated beyond.....

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As an experienced cohost and I presume host yourself you will know that choosing to host multiple rooms in your home is one of the most challenging ways to run an Airbnb. @Nicole3015 

It's pretty strange in your listings to see you don't mention in the listing anywhere that the house is shared with the host or other guests. Nor is there much mention of the cats.This should be clear up front.

1. You need to show them around and emphasise house rules not just rely on the guidebook

2. As hosts are on site you are responsible for keeping communal areas such as the kitchen and bathroom clean ie washing floors (obviously guests do their own washing up/clean down cooker after use).

3. Cleaning floors and taking the rubbish out is the hosts job not your guests.

Also its worth you changing your photo to one of yourself. Airbnb says all hosts should have personal photos of themselves - rather than cats or flowers as it instils trust.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As an experienced cohost and I presume host yourself you will know that choosing to host multiple rooms in your home is one of the most challenging ways to run an Airbnb. @Nicole3015 

It's pretty strange in your listings to see you don't mention in the listing anywhere that the house is shared with the host or other guests. Nor is there much mention of the cats.This should be clear up front.

1. You need to show them around and emphasise house rules not just rely on the guidebook

2. As hosts are on site you are responsible for keeping communal areas such as the kitchen and bathroom clean ie washing floors (obviously guests do their own washing up/clean down cooker after use).

3. Cleaning floors and taking the rubbish out is the hosts job not your guests.

Also its worth you changing your photo to one of yourself. Airbnb says all hosts should have personal photos of themselves - rather than cats or flowers as it instils trust.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

As @Helen3 has said, your model requires a lot of personal involvement vs. a hands off approach. 

If you are looking to come up with a label who you were dealing with ( 'The issues were not brought up to any of us hosts at all.' ) - they are called Passive Aggressive. A very stealthy and unfortunate type of guest.