Besuch in Munchen - coronatime

Caterina319
Level 1
Modena, Italy

Besuch in Munchen - coronatime

Hello,

I'm Italian but I live in Munich and my parents are coming to visit me for 2 days to visit me.

I've heard somewhere that there are some rules that dont allow them to stay in an Airbnb but they are just supposed to stay at my place (something not possible due to my little appartment). Does someone know more about this topic?

Thank you in advance!

I wisch you all a beutiful evening.

Caterina

8 Replies 8
Angela1056
Level 10
Linarolo, Italy

Hi @Caterina319 it would be better to put this question on the German Airbnb Comunity Center, maybe @Till-and-Jutta0 can answer you.

Cheers from Italy!

Hallo Angela!thank you for your answer, I will write in the German Community. 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Are your parents allowed to travel to Germany from Italy and stay in a short term rental or travel to your area at all?

Your parents can find this information by looking at the German embassy advice for Italian travellers. There may be quarantine Covid regulations for overseas visitors which require a minimum 10 day or more stay.

You can look on the German government website to see what Covid restrictions there are for short stay visitors in hotels or short term rentals @Caterina319 

Hallo Helen,

yes, my parents are allowed to stay and they dont have to do any quarantine cause they are staying less than 72 hours. we have checked allready everything and it seems good. I was just thinking about the sleeping cause here all the hotels are still closed.

Thank you for your answer!

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Caterina319 As far as I know the Beherbergungsverbot is still in force in Bavaria, until 7 March.

And there is a contact restriction: Max. 1 visitor per household.
When would like your parents like to stay in Germany?

see https://www.stmgp.bayern.de/coronavirus/

they wanted to come on the 7th for 2 days. I am aware of the household restrictions, but then I think it will be fine cause I'll be "visiting" them in their airbnb, so I'll be the 1 visitor for their household. 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

If your parents intend to travel from Italy, you should keep in mind that the restrictions to move between different regions are at least until 6 April: Coronavirus, la stretta fino a Pasqua: in arrivo il nuovo Dpcm di Draghi

@Caterina319  In addition to the Coronavirus restrictions that might apply, be aware that most Airbnb hosts do not appreciate unpaid and unregistered visitors entering their property. So even if you don't intend to stay overnight with your parents, I would suggest booking your Airbnb as a 3-person group.