Beware of fake Airbnb websites scam

Yara13
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

Beware of fake Airbnb websites scam

I recently was almost about to book for a place and the host sent me a website that looks Really identical to the official Airbnb site ,  new users could be easily fooled by this as i almost was, i almost paid through this site since everyone says that its fine to book a place and avoid scams so long you book through the Airbnb website but no one ever mentioned of there being fake identical Airbnb websites that even if you book through the site you will still be scammed and not get a refund, i just wanted to make people aware of this so that they cannot be scammed and lose money through this method.

just beware of this site hopefully Airbnb can take this website down since its impersonating being a trademarked site.

[Link removed for safety reasons]

97 Replies 97

There is always hope with these things, it’s never really over... the financial ombudsmen sometimes offer reimbursements, yes unfortunately some cases are never solved. But there is no point giving up when all avenues haven’t  been exhausted within reason. Letting them steal my money is always going to be unacceptable. Thank you for your messages, but I commented mostly for the purpose of hearing back from air bnb, hopefully there will be a resolution I can report back soon on. 

C

Hi, did you get your money back?

Carmella7
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Same here got £1,500 stolen at 19yrs old, that money was carefully saved up so i could have somewhere to go after i left my parents, it left me suicidal and homeless, its not a joke air bnb. I contacted them about it and they claimed its nothing to do with them if a website impersonated them! I really hope to get my money back somehow soon. 

C

@Carmella7 I cannot see any way that Airbnb could be liable unless they were encouraging sites to mimic theirs.

I fear your only hope is to try to get recompense from your bank under their push payment fraud policies but I have no idea if you will succeed.

Ok. 

C

Not too concerned over whether or not I will receive a refund or compensation, i’m keeping a positive attitude, and if i receive that i’ll be more than grateful if not, we learn.  

C

I'm so sorry for your pain, Carmella... The same thing has almost just happened to me. I find that life balances out, if this is any comfort- that you will get back everything and more is a CERTAINTY in the spiritual view of things. It is important, though, to use these terrible attacks to strengthen our soul and our resolve to love more deeply- things change at that point. If I can be of any help to you, please let me know. Blessings, dear, and I'm really sorry for your pain...

Just got scammed for 2800€ by "Jacqueline Goss" for a nice double room In Wembley, I've paid 6 days ago and today was the viewing but no one showed up and when I've talked with Airbnb support and sent them the link they said that's a fake website but it's already too late....idk what to do I've tried with Action fraud and contacting my bank but I think it'll be in vain

The person I've sent money to was named Razvan Daniel Ciubotariu on a Monese bank account 

You guys have any suggestions?

https://airbnb.co.uk.checkin-rooms-id21388.casa/rooms/template.php?kode=SP198EM557&ukode=13956647

Screenshot_20210711-152200_Gallery.jpg

Also watch out for scammer info@perezcardenes.co.uk - my dad nearly was ripped off for £2100

I got scammed £1300. It's absolutely heartbreaking. It's left me broke and homeless. 

Adrian2543
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Adrian2543  Yes, it is fake- you can tell that without clicking on the link- that isn't an Airbnb URL.

Here is another one. It happened today. I just sent the money. Is there any way I can get it back.

https://www.airbnb.book-space-b851927.online/rooms/HQ013269?source_impression_id=p7_1863NQyYmn1H2n1t...

@Yunus-Emre4  Don't know how you paid, but if it was by wire transfer or credit card or bank draft, talk to your bank or credit card co. Asap to see if you can get payment stopped.

You never send money on Airbnb. Airbnb charges the payment method you have on file with  them, and holds that payment until 24 hours after a guest checks in.

Hello, were you able to get your money back? I also got scammed and I am looking for ways to stop my transfer.