Beware of fake Airbnb websites scam

Yara13
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

Beware of fake Airbnb websites scam

I recently was almost about to book for a place and the host sent me a website that looks Really identical to the official Airbnb site ,  new users could be easily fooled by this as i almost was, i almost paid through this site since everyone says that its fine to book a place and avoid scams so long you book through the Airbnb website but no one ever mentioned of there being fake identical Airbnb websites that even if you book through the site you will still be scammed and not get a refund, i just wanted to make people aware of this so that they cannot be scammed and lose money through this method.

just beware of this site hopefully Airbnb can take this website down since its impersonating being a trademarked site.

[Link removed for safety reasons]

97 Replies 97
Frankie47
Level 1
Naples, FL

Me too... here's another one.... best@cohost.fun   listing is airbnb-trips

This is also fake: https://www.airbnb.com-reserve-apartment-long-term.com

With the host's name is Gabriele Strauss

Kristina359
Level 1
Sopron, Hungary

I also got trapped!! I sent money for a fake person! I contacted with my bank in few hours. Anyone knows what is process in this case in UK? My money was recalled 3 days ago! 

Teodora47
Level 1
Bucharest, RO
Sin-Dee0
Level 1
Enschede, NL

Beware of this scammer !

MELINA FERINTZ

An old couple visited my place 2 months ago and again another man today to look at the place as "the owner" Melina Ferintz" asked for deposit before they shift into my unit?!! (Enschede, The Netherlands) .

Luckily they decided to drop by before they pay. 

I had a look at the email they received. Address of the unit for rent is my address and She attached few photos of the unit ( which of course is not my unit) and the airbnb website link ( which will lead you to the main airbnb page).

I cant find the advertisement on the official airbnb website. 

I am not sure which link they found the advertisement. I assume one of the fake website. 

Just be careful if you come across this person. 

Erwin109
Level 1
Portland, OR

Lets go to Airbnb 
Malú5
Level 2
CABA, Argentina

I almost got scammed! Luckily I figured out it was fake before paying anything

This is the link the host sent me:

https://airbnb.rooms637182.com/1/listing/77/view-ifwfdia4/hW2ywDGqjA

She said her name is Patrizia Pantani

Another fake website, names, and email address

https://aírbnb.com3-rooms-checkin-apartmentid6422081178414.com/

martinargr@binzer-hof.de

Martina Rieger

Alberto Piris Gomez

Hi Emmanuel, I just spoke to her as well and then I looked her name up as the offer sounded 'too good'. Seems like she didn't stop trying..was she advertising a 2 bedroom flat in Bermondsey? 

@Emmanuel790 ,@Michelle

She did the same thing to me she told the 2bedroom is in Etobicoke Toronto. She even sent me ID of someone she impersonated after I sent mine. She customize the link to have several reviews where she was addressed as he all through by different reviewers.. we need to watch out for little red flags and follow our instincts.

This scam too

Martina Rieger

Alberto Piris Gomez

I transfer 2100 euros yesterday because some one from airbnb tell me its secure

How did "someone from Airbnb" tell you it's secure? How did you get in touch with the person you talked to?

You don't transfer money when you book a Airbnb- you enter your payment information on to your Airbnb account and the payment is automatically charged.

@Jose4881

The hostess shared an album link with me, I logged into the app and entered, as I saw it was a transfer I contacted the app and they told me that it is not normal but it is done. I communicate with the host by email and whattapp