Branson Taxes

Branson Taxes

I need some clarification on taxes. From speaking with Branson, MO city officials, I know that I need to charge an overall of 12.1% tax. 8.1% will go to the state of MO and 4% goes to the city of Branson for a tourist tax. EVERYBODY, including Branson city officials/emplyees tells me I need to remit the 4% directly to Branson, as AirBnB will not do that for me. When attempting to set up the taxes for my listing, the default shows a list of taxes that will be collected and remitted on my behalf. The list includes the "Branson Accomodation Tax," which, when googled, shows to be 4%. On top of this, the tax tab will not allow me to tack on the 4% on top of what will be collected and remitted by AirBnb. Is there a way to get an answer from AirBnb on what exactly they will collect an remit? If I set it to default, it only comes out to be 8%...I need to add another 4% to that. I guess my other option is to do custom taxes and and collect the 12.1% and pay it all myself?

1 Reply 1

Hi @Blake-And-Kelli0 , I see this was from a few years ago, but did you ever get an answer?