Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Bring back the Superhost filter now!!!!

Bring back the Superhost filter now!!!!

Guest Favorite and Superhost are NOT COMPRABLE search filters! 

Why am I working to maintain Superhost when potential guests cannot even use  the Superhost Filter?

Superhost are held to the HIGHEST STANDARDS of Airbnb bookings, but ANYONE can be a guest favorite with just a few good reviews.  What about Superhosts like me who have over 200 bookings in a nine month time frame! 

It's not statistically accurate or comparable!

I did several random searches, and Superhosts are randomly sprinkled in with Guest Favorites,   so it is NOT TRUE AT ALL that Superhosts will pop up with Guest Favorites!    

BRING BACK THE SUPERHOST FILTER NOW!    This is totally unfair to Superhosts to strive to maintain the standards and then get thrown in with the "Guest Favorite" category?  **

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ruth1393 Guest favourites are way better for Airbnb. Basically it allows them to manipulate which properties get visibility. For instance Superhost criteria are clear and precise whereas Guest Favourites just 'average 4.9' so basically Airbnb can promote anyone they want Couple this with its Ts&Cs that allow Airbnb to be paid for search engine placement and it all starts to make sense.......

Agree to disagree, but thank you!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ruth1393 Clearly I wasn't very clear. I think we are actually 100% in agreement but my style of writing and the fact we are separated by a common language seems the message has been lost in translation. 

Guest favourites are not designed to help hosts - I believe they are designed to help Airbnb make more money/control hosts. I am absolutely not saying this is good (for hosts).