Business license/homestay license number posted on listing

Charlotte11
Level 3
Charlottesville, VA

Business license/homestay license number posted on listing

Does anyone know of a locality that requires a photo of their homestay business license on their AirBnB listing page? I would assume the address of the listing would have to be redacted in the photo since that information is not to be provided until after booking. 

Alternatively, are hosts in some localities required to post their business license number on the home page of their listing?

4 Replies 4
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Charlotte11 

That sounds like something that may be best determined my contacting your local government office. There is some info here that might be helpful and a post here regarding where to add in your business license number. 

@Lorna170 @Inna22 is posting a photo of your business license on the listing page itself something you've heard of needing to do? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi, Breanna, and thanks for the reply. I'm actually working with my locality on this question. There will be new regulations for homestays in this area and another host and myself are compiling draft recommendations. 

Listing the business license number where it can be seen from the public will help the City as well as hosts in a number of ways.

If anyone has knowledge of this feature anywhere else in the US, it would be helpful.

Thanks very much,

Charlotte

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Charlotte11 @Breanna I can not list my house on Airbnb until I provide them with my registration number. Airbnb supplies it on my listing page

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me where on the listing it appears to guests? For example, if you Preview your listing, does it appear or is the information only there for AirBnB to fulfill the locality's requirement?

I'm particularly interested in listings that make license numbers available to guests before booking.

Thanks!

Charlotte