Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Can I review my complete default payout account online?

Answered!
Isobel41
Level 2
Brampton, Canada

Can I review my complete default payout account online?

How can I confirm my payout details are correct online? 

Top Answer
Isobel41
Level 2
Brampton, Canada

UPDATE AND RESOLUTION TO MY QUESTION - How can I confirm my payout details are correct online? 

The short answer is you cannot confirm your details are correct.  Airbnb does not know your banking details. They only know the abbreviated form that is shown in Payment and Payouts. The sending bank has the full details and you have no way to check with them. In my case I had to do the following:

1. Change the default to another payout method

2. Create a new payout

3. Wait till the new payout was verified by WorldPay

4. Make the new payout my default

I finally got my payout deposit yesterday, 17 days after it was wired. There was indeed an error and my payout was queued to be returned to Airbnb. My foreign bank had messaged the Airbnb  sending bank asking them to correct the error but received no response. Consequently it was queued to be returned.  With the help of Majda at Airbnb Canada I was able to finally discuss my issue with Zoya in Payouts. Zoya sent me an encrypted document detailing the payout. I was able to see from this document where the error was. I manually entered the correct information and scanned the amended document to my foreign bank. Luckily they accepted the amendment and approved the deposit yesterday. I have to extend my sincere thanks to Majda who went above and beyond for me. Majda was able to provide me with the Payout I.D.  to enable my bank to trace the wire. Airbnb policy is to close a case after 48 hours. Majda stayed with me throughout the many days it took to resolve this. She even took the initiative to check in with me with respect to my progress with my bank and assured me she would stay with me till final resolution.  Without the payment document from Zoya my payout would have been returned. Excellent customer service from both agents.

Based on this experience I have to doubt the accuracy of WorldPay verification of foreign banks. Certainly this was initially an input error on my part however the account should never have been verified. 

View Top Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Isobel41 

Not sure if I have understood you correctly but look at the link below to see if it answers your question:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/54?locale=en

All the best

Joëlle

Hi Joelle,

I already looked there however it does not show my complete banking details. I only see the last 4 digits of my bank account. I do not see my Banks name there either or my country of residence address. I want to make sure the wire did not have my Barbados address on it. If it does it will be rejected.  Barbados non nationals must open bank accounts with their primary residence address and in my case that is not Barbados.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Isobel41 ,

Did you also manage to get in touch with Airbnb Customer Support to know more of it?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika,

Yes, I was able to determine there was an error with my address. Airbnb instructed me to change my default bank to a secondary one to enable editing. I had to remove the original default account completely and add it again with the corrected details. I am awaiting verification of this new account. If it is verified by World Pay then I will be good to go. If it is not because of the country discrepancy I will not be able to be paid in the country my rental is located. I will write another message when my complete issue is resolved so the community can see what happened.

BTW I still have no money!!!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I just noticed from your other question on this board the Swift code number you suspect may be in error. I went somewhat through this in the beginning of my 'renting career', the whole wire scene  turned to be such a mess I went a whole different route since. Good luck.

Thanks Fred. Yes, it's a mess right now. I have no idea where my payout is. I will update the community with the end result for other hosts information. I can say the support I have had from Airbnb Canada has been very helpful so far.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Isobel41 ,

I had seen your response below and see that you are actively in touch with support!

Do keep us updated, in case there is any progress or if you need further help.

-----

Hi  @Bhumika 

Will do. Airbnb just informed me I cannot keep the case open for more than 48 hours. I guess I will need to close it and reopen when I receive more information from my Barbados bank. I have asked the question of Airbnb, " at what point  do they get involved in tracking this down?" No response yet.

Isobel41
Level 2
Brampton, Canada

UPDATE AND RESOLUTION TO MY QUESTION - How can I confirm my payout details are correct online? 

The short answer is you cannot confirm your details are correct.  Airbnb does not know your banking details. They only know the abbreviated form that is shown in Payment and Payouts. The sending bank has the full details and you have no way to check with them. In my case I had to do the following:

1. Change the default to another payout method

2. Create a new payout

3. Wait till the new payout was verified by WorldPay

4. Make the new payout my default

I finally got my payout deposit yesterday, 17 days after it was wired. There was indeed an error and my payout was queued to be returned to Airbnb. My foreign bank had messaged the Airbnb  sending bank asking them to correct the error but received no response. Consequently it was queued to be returned.  With the help of Majda at Airbnb Canada I was able to finally discuss my issue with Zoya in Payouts. Zoya sent me an encrypted document detailing the payout. I was able to see from this document where the error was. I manually entered the correct information and scanned the amended document to my foreign bank. Luckily they accepted the amendment and approved the deposit yesterday. I have to extend my sincere thanks to Majda who went above and beyond for me. Majda was able to provide me with the Payout I.D.  to enable my bank to trace the wire. Airbnb policy is to close a case after 48 hours. Majda stayed with me throughout the many days it took to resolve this. She even took the initiative to check in with me with respect to my progress with my bank and assured me she would stay with me till final resolution.  Without the payment document from Zoya my payout would have been returned. Excellent customer service from both agents.

Based on this experience I have to doubt the accuracy of WorldPay verification of foreign banks. Certainly this was initially an input error on my part however the account should never have been verified. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Isobel41 ,

Thank you so much for coming back and updating us and the members. I am really glad you were able to get this sorted!

Keep in touch and keep posting! All the best🎉.

-----