Can anyone help me with suggestion what do we do wrong - good location, good price - no guests?

Answered!
Lidija-and-Irena0
Level 2
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Can anyone help me with suggestion what do we do wrong - good location, good price - no guests?

Hello dear friends.

We are superhost the third year. 
Even though our friends have booked this year (despite Corona), we were left with no guests and just do not understand why?

All good reviews, superhost, good price (39 €), city center - 1 minute from the old town and still - no guests. 

Thank you for your iddeas, suggestions, support. This is the appt: https://www.airbnb.com/manage-your-space/14681110/details

Best regards,

Irena

1 Best Answer

@Lidija-and-Irena0   The URL you posted was your admin link, only you can access it. This is the link for your listing:  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14681110

I love your city, it really is one of Europe's gems, but tourism is severely down due to Corona, and like most countries, the majority of stays in Slovenia at the moment are generated by domestic rather than international travel. Your listing's success at the moment will be determined by its appeal to visitors from elsewhere in Slovenia, whereas the majority of your guests in the past have been foreigners. 

I don't think you're necessarily doing anything wrong, but your listing could benefit from some new photos. Some of them seem to have been shot in low light and aren't quite in focus, and that has the unintentional effect of looking dark and dingy even though your guests all agree that the home is perfectly clean. 

Your home's appeal to couples will be limited by offering perpendicular twin beds instead of a double. Perhaps this is all that fits in the room, but those details make a big difference when there's a lot of competition. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Lidija-and-Irena0 

Try reducing minimum nights from 3 to 2 with a view to a least attracting weekend fri/sat potential visitors.

New photographs perhaps too plus reorder in logical order. The ones at the end certainly are low quality and how the bedroom set up is. it's very unclear.

Thank you very much Elena, you have been clear and have a very good point. We'll make new ones (pics).

Best regards from here and when in town, see for yourself - we'll be happy to show you around 🙂

Nice day.

Irena L.

@Lidija-and-Irena0   The URL you posted was your admin link, only you can access it. This is the link for your listing:  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14681110

I love your city, it really is one of Europe's gems, but tourism is severely down due to Corona, and like most countries, the majority of stays in Slovenia at the moment are generated by domestic rather than international travel. Your listing's success at the moment will be determined by its appeal to visitors from elsewhere in Slovenia, whereas the majority of your guests in the past have been foreigners. 

I don't think you're necessarily doing anything wrong, but your listing could benefit from some new photos. Some of them seem to have been shot in low light and aren't quite in focus, and that has the unintentional effect of looking dark and dingy even though your guests all agree that the home is perfectly clean. 

Your home's appeal to couples will be limited by offering perpendicular twin beds instead of a double. Perhaps this is all that fits in the room, but those details make a big difference when there's a lot of competition. 

Lidija-and-Irena0
Level 2
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Thank you, Andrew - your insight has been most helpful.

We'll follow your suggestions.

When in the city, please, do poke me 🙂

Best regards,

Irena L.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lidija-and-Irena0  I have also visited Ljubljana and thought it was wonderful. You have great reviews and ratings so obviously you are doing something right. However, I do agree that your listing maybe undersells the property and I would also get rid of the last few very dark photos. Overall, it does look like it needs some updating. Perhaps that is fine for the amount you charge, but have you checked out the competition, i.e. the nearby listings in your price range that are still getting bookings, if there are some? How do they compare? 

If you don't have budget to do any updating, consider maybe asking around friends and family to see if you know a good photographer who could take better photos of the place?

Dear Huma.

Thank you. We just booked a photographer as it looks like that our photos are reeeally out of date - in the last 3 years competition is much stronger and this phone-taken photos are not catching up.

Thank you for your time and effort in answering our question.

We hope we make some good makeover very soon
Best regards,

Irena L. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Lidija-and-Irena0 When you search for similar properties

1) Are your rates comparative?

2) Would you choose your place?

3) Are the other properties booked up (harder to tell)

The above should tell you if its the property or the market that is the issue

Dear Mike and Jane, thank you very much for your insight, your point of view.
Our rates sure are comparative, but the question would I choose my own place ... is truly tricky 🙂 I don't know... Due to the much stronger competition in town - we'll have to review everything, but firstly pics and title.

Thank you. You are great!

Best regards,

Irena S.