Change property owner

Answered!
Cristobal65
Level 1
Panama City, Panama

Change property owner

I sold my house and i want to transfer this property on airbnb to this new owner. It would be cool to keep the bookings and just transfer the property rights to the new owner. 

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Cristobal 

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Cristobal65 sadly Airbnb does not allow this. You will have to close the listing and the purchaser start another I am afraid.

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Cristobal65 sadly Airbnb does not allow this. You will have to close the listing and the purchaser start another I am afraid.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Cristobal65 

What I did is the following when I bought a property
I became cohost
Bank account was changed in my name
I closed the calendar for new reservations.
I started a new listing in my name

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You are very lucky the owner let you do this @Bob297 most owners wouldn't want the purchaser of their property to have access to their Airbnb account, as it could reflect badly on their profile if guests don't have a positive experience with a new owner.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Helen3 
1) they had seen the reviews of my other properties, which were much higher than theirs 🙂
2) it beats the alternative. We had about 20 reservations, spread over 1,5 years. We could have contacted all guests t ask them to change their reservations. That would have been a hassle for the guests and us. If Airbnb had a migration service, that would help a lot. Asking the guests to change their reservation, also gives them the option of declining.