Changing prices

Answered!
Tracy956
Level 1
Glenboro, Canada

Changing prices

I have just upgraded my property with two additional bedrooms. I would like to change my listing and my price, as the property can now accommodate 8 guests, rather than 6. I’d also like to eliminate my cleaning fee, as this seems to be a sticking point for a lot of prospective guests, and just incorporate it into my new, slightly higher price.

My problem is, I have bookings that were made with the previous price. I can’t seem to find anything on the site which clarifies what will happen to those bookings. Those guests made those bookings under a price which will be higher from this point forward, and I feel it’s unfair for me to expect them to pay the higher price, when that is not what they agreed to. 

My question is, when I change my listing to reflect the new booking, do the guests who are already booked stay booked at the formerly agreed-upon price, as I wish them to? Or am I going to have upset future guests contacting me because the price went up without their agreement? 

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Tracy956 

When the bookings with your guests were finalized, the contract was set. All of the prices and terms that were in force at the time of booking will remain the same.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Tracy956 

When the bookings with your guests were finalized, the contract was set. All of the prices and terms that were in force at the time of booking will remain the same.

Thank you — this was exactly the information I was looking for!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tracy956 we change our prices regularly and it does not affect the price already agreed with a booked guest. To save you some money you can lock off the two extra bedrooms when previously booked guests stay or you can allow them access (at no extra charge). 

Thank you! Yes — there is a dividing door between the two areas, along a hallway. We have simply extended the hallway and added to additional single rooms, so this would work.