Charging a separate price for one night stays.

Answered!
Viktoria56
Level 5
Algarrobo, Chile

Charging a separate price for one night stays.

Currently I am on price tips because it's the off season where we are.

I currently have a 2 night minimum because it's just not worth it with the costs of washing towels and sheets for one night stays BUT I was thinking I could charge a little more for one night stays to offset this cost but I don't see how to do that.

Can someone tell me how to do that?

1 Best Answer
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Viktoria56 

Alas, you can't just bump up the price of a single night stay by adding a special supplement. There are some possible solutions but a bit nit-picky though.

What you could do is raise your base price to a high enough level that would make it worth your while to host single nights, taking into consideration a cleaning fee.

If your core business is multiple nights, but the price is now too high with the higher base price, you may add percentage discounts for two, three etc night bookings using 'length of stay' discounts. This would give a differential to single nights against multiple night bookings.

You can also consider a second listing; only opening up orphan days in your calendar but always using a higher base price.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16

Hi Robyn, i have the same problem with guests in Finland. I have noticed that many hosts here do not offer 1 night listings at all but I would not like to choose that route. Did you get a response from Airbnb?

Claire1317
Level 1
Cardiff, GB

Hello fellow Hosts. I have contacted Airbnb regarding the same issue and am at a loss as to why it is not an option to apply a supplement especially given they actively encourage Hosts to provide one night stays!  The costs simply don't add up even taking into account the extra cleaning fee - they need to re-think this for sure.