City of Clovis Lodging Tax

Karen3801
Level 2
Clovis, CA

City of Clovis Lodging Tax

Hello!

Have any of you received a letter from City of Clovis asking for HDL Lodging Tax?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Karen3801 as this is a global forum, it might be tricky finding out area-specific information regarding taxes. I'd recommend you asking this question through the Local Hosts Club. 

You can connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can share your experiences, exchange valuable knowledge and get advice. Here's the link where you can join: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs

I hope this helps! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you!

Katelyn127
Level 1
Clovis, CA

@Karen3801 I also have received this letter. Have you been able to get any additional details? 

Hi @Katelyn127 , I did. I called the city and I was told if my rental is advertised as of 30 days and more, then this is not considered a short term rental and no TOT needs to be paid or any need to obtain a business license. I host to travel nurses and they usually stay over 30 days, so I had to change my settings from 7 nights to minimum 31 nights per stay. Then you need to notify the city and they will verify if your “advertisement” did change or not. Once they can verify, they will close your account and in good faith assume your Airbnb is not for short term stays. But I was warned the city will randomly check from time to time.