Cleaining staff cohosting other properties

Cleaining staff cohosting other properties

Hello Fellow Hosts.  I hire privately contracted cleaning staff to help turn my properties.  Recently, two of our team went out on their own to start cohosting in proximity to my business.  I know they have every right to do so, but I am feeling a bit miffed, as they have used some of my ideas and branding items.  They have expressed a desire to continue cleaning for me, but it this a conflict of interest?  Should I view the cleaning and social media as separate entities?  One of the young ladies also manages my FB and Instagram accounts. I am trying to take the high road and wish them well, but do I need to protect my brand and my business from this and if so, how??  I am a bit reluctant to hire anyone for fear of them stealing my business.  Not sure why this is confusing me so, and any positive input you can give will be greatly appreciated.  Host On!!

2 Replies 2
Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Coleen-And-Michael0 

I feel like there is a Downton Abbey reference in here that I just can't get to.

Your cleaning ladies are trying to make a living to pay their own mortgage. Keep them. The more experience they get, the better.  They will have advice for you  regarding things they have seen work well at their other jobs and you will rest easy knowing that you have seasoned professionals who know what you want working for you. 

I am a co-host and the housekeeper and if I COULD add another job that would let me bring my 3 year old along with me, I would do so in a heartbeat! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Coleen-And-Michael0  If thy are good cleaners, I see no reason to let them go. But why does one of them manage your Facebook and Instagram accounts? You shouldn't give other people access to that sort of thing. If you are challenged when it comes to techi stuff, take the time to learn to do it yourself.