Cleaning a 3,500 square foot home

Nadia511
Level 2
Everett, WA

Cleaning a 3,500 square foot home

Hello! We just started hosting our primary home on the weekends. It’s a 6 bedroom home with 3 full bathrooms.. we moved into it only a few months ago and made it very “hosting-friendly” with locks on our closets and purchased clothing racks just for guests. Extra fridge to hide our food when we leave etc. 

We hosted our first group of 12 adults last weekend and it went great! We clean and leave on a stay in our RV not far away. However, it actually took more time to clean than I expected. My main question is - are we expected to follow the guide book to the point? Like to clean a room, lock it and not go back to it. Switching rags and gloves what seems like every minute, or are we allowed to have our own cleaning routine as long we we clean and disinfect? 
The other thing - what to do with the shower curtains? I have a plastic clear one and then a decorative one on the outside. Are we supposed to wash these in between guests and if so can I just wipe them down or do I need to throw them in the washer ?

Thanks so much! 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Nadia511 when did you last look at the cleaning requirements? Airbnb have been reducing these bit by bit over the last few months so they are nowhere near as onerous as they were.