Co-Host question....

Answered!

Co-Host question....

I've received an invite to co-host..., but when I clock the invite, it asked me to create a listing...can anyone help? 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your invite shows the host is inviting you to cohost the listing, so the host should be able to invite you as a cohost without setting up the listing you need to speak to the host about how he has invited you. @Vonita0 

You are correct you don't need to be a host to be a cohost but you do need to familarise yourself with how cohosting and managing STRs on Airbnb works.

Normally a host wouldn't have you as the sole host on the listing,  but would add you as a cohost and add in the commission they would pay you for providing a cohosting servive.

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Vonita0 To be a successful co-host, you need to be an experienced host.

However I can't see a listing on your profile. Don't you are a host?

see https://www.airbnb.com/e/hosting-services

I have a friend who is a host and asked me to co host with him. He already has a property that had been up and running for 2 years. He sent me an invite to co host, but when I clock the link, or asks me to start a new listing instead of adding me to his... Any idea how to fix this would be great. I appreciate your help! 

Till-and-Jutta0
Stuttgart, Germany

@Vonita0 I still don't get it. Are you an active host? I can't see any listing under your profile.

I'm not an active host. He is trying to add me as a host to help him on his property, not my own. 

I'll be taking over the entire listing and being the sole host at the end of the month. 

And these are my permissions...

1000006948.png

Hi @Vonita0 

Does your friend have more than one listing? If so, be sure he is in the correct listing when he is inviting you to Co-Host.

Is the listing he is trying to add you as Co-Host active (not suspended or "snoozed)?

Are you already listed as a Team Member on another Listing? If so, you cannot be also listed as a Co-Host on another listing.

If you are not able to resolve, your only option is to have him contact Airbnb CS. Be sure to have screen shots ready showing what happens when you click the link in the email you received. 

Thank you very much. I'll check in with him! 

@Vonita0 

I would also try accepting the invite on a computer....not your phone.

You are correct in that you do not need to be a Host to accept an invite to co-host. All you need is a profile/account setup on Airbnb.

Thank you. I'll try that also!

And as far as I've read, I don't have to be a host to join as a co-host. 

1000006947.png

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your invite shows the host is inviting you to cohost the listing, so the host should be able to invite you as a cohost without setting up the listing you need to speak to the host about how he has invited you. @Vonita0 

You are correct you don't need to be a host to be a cohost but you do need to familarise yourself with how cohosting and managing STRs on Airbnb works.

Normally a host wouldn't have you as the sole host on the listing,  but would add you as a cohost and add in the commission they would pay you for providing a cohosting servive.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Vonita0 , thank you for marking Helen's answer as the best solution. Did you clarify the pointers that many Hosts in this thread have listed in their helpful responses with the primary Host?

Do keep us posted how you're successful in getting added as a Co-host. It'll help many Co-hosts who may come across similar situation.🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Till-and-Jutta0
Stuttgart, Germany

Ah, now I got it: it's not about the new co-hosting-service, but about the old co-host-function!