Co-Hosting

Answered!
Melis2327
Level 1
Netherlands

Co-Hosting

Hello lovely people, 

I live in Groningen for the last 5 years and I really enjoy the city and am familiar with its ways.

Since last year I have been looking for ways to start my work as a co-host, helping hosts meet with new people and create a nice visit for them. 

I could not manage to find a platform on Airbnb where I could create a profile as a co-host. How can one person reach out to offer co-host services? Because I genuinely enjoy creating a nice experience for people on their visit to a place that I also love. I do have personal experience with house-sitting for my friends where I give the same value as if it is my own home as well as a work experience as a cleaner. 

I appreciate all the answers and I am sorry if this is not the place to ask such questions then please let me know. 

Thank you so much for your time 

Have a lovely day! 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

To become a cohost normally you need to have experience as a host first so you understand how various STR platforms work, STR legislation and how to manage, so the best way to start is by hosting a room in your home @Melis2327 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Minako10
Level 10
Chiba, Japan

hello!

I plan to visit the Netherlands next year for working holiday.

Your idea is fantastic! 😄

I want to meet some people to make my foreign friends in there. but I also have some problems...

The appartment is expensive. especially capital city is more...💸

and then, Almost of its appartements are for over 2 persons.

One person share with several guests...not bad, but I don't have enough money for rent it!😣

Visiting some places will be experiencing for you!

Thanks,

Minako
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

To become a cohost normally you need to have experience as a host first so you understand how various STR platforms work, STR legislation and how to manage, so the best way to start is by hosting a room in your home @Melis2327 

And what if I don't have any room like me am working in Saudi Arabia as a house maid yet am from Uganda I have no any means to go out to check a house physically talk to the landlord physically how can I join co hosting dear any help for me please 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Kabugho0 

You could see if there are any Airbnb management companies that you could work for in your location 

Oh dear thanks Soo much 

@Kabugho0 
@Kate2631 

..OR..
if you know a Host that would trust you personally to Co-Host his/her property, then he/she can send you an invitation to become a Co-Host. 

The problem is that most Hosts are looking for experience and "know-how" in the Co-Host's skillset. If you don't have that then for the Host it is like for a employer hiring someone for an internship.

As to the management companies - I have seen such job offers on UpWork. There you have to contact the employer and explain that you have no real experience and you want to learn the ropes.

All the best,
Karlis

Ok if we can’t host in our own homes to gain experience, you mentioned looking for Airbnb management companies to reach out to. What exactly do you mean by that and how do I do it?