Cohosting Setup - Multiple Accounts

Ivan1901
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Cohosting Setup - Multiple Accounts

Hi all,

I'm here in the US and I'm new to cohosting. I am already an existing host for my own property and my friend asked me to cohost for his property that has not been on Airbnb before. 

The goals of our cohosting agreement are:

1.  I will be the primary point of contact for all guest communication so that my friend doesn't get bothered with any questions or inquiries.

2. The Airbnb payouts will go to his bank account, I send an invoice at the end of the month, and he pays me my commission based on gross percentage.

3. Setup a separate Airbnb account under this name so that if he ever wants to leave my services, for whatever the reason, he can simply just use it without having to create a new one.

4. Having a separate Airbnb account also allows him to get his end-of-year 1099 tax forms without intermingling with my property's 1099.

5. We both understand that my current SuperHost status won't carry over and basically starting from scratch which we are ok with. 

Questions:

I'm not sure how other people do it for their cohosting clients but my plan is to create a new Airbnb using a newly created email address which we both share the password. I created a new Airbnb account using my friend's name, ID, and this new email, but using my own phone number so that guests can reach out to me for any questions. But it's saying I can't use the same phone number twice as it's used by my existing account.  What do people do as a workaround or am i doing this wrong?

I haven't gone this far in the setup but I will be trying to assign my existing Airbnb account as a co-host with full permissions. Is there a way to set the co-hosting such that my account will be displayed as the primary Host so that guests don't reach out to the owner? Instead of the Host and then Co-host displayed at the bottom of the listing.

If what i'm planning to do is wrong, I'm curious and happy to learn more about how others have done it.  I also want to set this up properly that if other friends or family members ask me to cohost for them, I should be able to do the same process.  If there's already an article somewhere, please let me know. 

Thanks in advance. 

Ivan

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why are you making it so complicated @Ivan1901  

1. your friend sets up his listing and adds you as his cohost 

2. your friend allocates your payment as cohost on the listing as a percentage 

no need for separate emails , invoicing. Accounts etc

do read the guidance on the Airbnb help website on how cohosting works