Connecting to Facebook & Google

Deb4281
Level 2
Landenberg, PA

Connecting to Facebook & Google

I'm trying to connect Airbnb to my FB and Google accounts.  I  go to Account, Login/Security, Social Media section and click Connect for FB .  It does not give me an opportunity to put in my FB account (which is under my old AOL email).  When I click on Connect, I get the following message at the top of the screen for about 5 seconds: "This FB account is already being used to verify another account.  If you want to use it on this account you'll need to remove it from your other one."  It doesn't show what account it thinks it is connecting to, nor does it give me any instructions on how to 'remove it'.  I'm sure I never set up any connection between them.

I tried changing my Airbnb to the same name as on my FB account, with the same result.  I tried to change my email address on FB but get an error that the page is not available.  I watched a video and when I click Connect it is supposed to prompt me for the email address, but I don’t get that.   I tried clicking on the message, but it won’t let me do anything to select/change my FB account.  I rebooted as well and tried on both my PC and my tablet.  Also tried on my phone, where  I get a “login with FB” screen, but it wants to connect to another FB page that I set up for my church.  It doesn’t let me change which FB account I want to use there either.

I tried connecting to Google too – I get the login selection (every time) and pick mine, then it just reverts back to the Social Media screen – not connected and no error message.

Appreciate any assistance as I can't find any solution through Airbnb nor general internet trolling.

7 Replies 7

Hi @Deb4281 !

I believe you must already have a Guest Profile on Airbnb linked to your Facebook and Google accounts with your AOL email? I don't believe Airbnb will allow you to connect to the same Facebook and Google accounts as a Host under the same AOL email as your Guest Profile.

You would have to remove your Facebook and Google connections from your Guest Profile in order to use them to log-in as a Host. You will have to decide which account you want to use Facebook/Google connection to login...as a Host or a guest.

If that doesn't work for you....maybe another host has an idea. You may need to contact CS for clarification.

Let us know if this works for you!

Joan, thanks for replying!  I seem to only have on profile for both guest and hosting.  I haven't figured out how to contact Customer Service - is there a link or phone number?  

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Deb4281 , 

You can connect with the Airbnb Support team through the contact page : https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact-us.

If you need more assistance connecting with Airbnb for your issue, you can also look at this resource Guide: How to contact Airbnb. I hope this helps you to reach out for necessary help.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Deb4281 

@Deb4281 wrote:

Joan, thanks for replying!  I seem to only have on profile for both guest and hosting.  I haven't figured out how to contact Customer Service - is there a link or phone number?  

I think that is the issue 🤔.  I would bet you can't login on Airbnb using Facebook/Google on both your Guest Profile and Host Profile. You probably will have to decide which Airbnb profile you want to use your Facebook/Google on; you probably can't do it for both. I suggest deciding which Airbnb profile (Guest or Host) would be most helpful to have the Facebook/Google login capability on?

As @Bhumika suggests, contacting CS is probably best in order to clarify this. She posted a link below where you can message or call Airbnb.

Contact Airbnb.png

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @Joan2709 @Deb4281 ,

from what I read you cannot even use the words Google or any of the Social Media in your Air BnB listing. I have tried. 
when I push my listing sites I use my custom link or QR code. 
hope this information helps. 

Hi @Bettye6 !

I think @Deb4281 is referring to trying to login to her Host profile on Airbnb by using Facebook or Google logins. Don't think she is referring to mentioning Facebook or Google in her actual listing?

Login Page.png

Got it. 
then I would suggest to create/use all new log ins. A bit tedious but will give a clean slate. 
I never go through 3rd parties apps to log in. I use the top one but then I use Apple. Once I’m in I’m in.