Considering becoming an Airbnb host

Answered!
Barbara3047
Level 1
West Bend, WI

Considering becoming an Airbnb host

My husband and I are looking at either purchasing property in Myrtle Beach, SC or Gulfport, MS and are wondering if there are hosts in those areas on here willing to chat with us a bit about realistic occupancy rates?? Especially when you first started out. We're very interested in the Century Oaks gated community in Gulfport but there's a lot of STR already in that community - should that keep us from purchasing there? Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Roca7
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

@Barbara3047 Heya guys. My name is Roca. I live in the Myrtle Beach market and have a few properties here. When I started out, I was paired with someone called a Superhost Ambassador. She is an absolute UNIT of an Airbnb'r. I know she does free webinars and things like that (I think she has one tomorrow  Tuesday, July 18th. ) If you're interested in speaking with her or myself, we'd love to share some best practices/lessons learned the hard way with you.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Roca7
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

@Barbara3047 Heya guys. My name is Roca. I live in the Myrtle Beach market and have a few properties here. When I started out, I was paired with someone called a Superhost Ambassador. She is an absolute UNIT of an Airbnb'r. I know she does free webinars and things like that (I think she has one tomorrow  Tuesday, July 18th. ) If you're interested in speaking with her or myself, we'd love to share some best practices/lessons learned the hard way with you.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Roca7, Thank you so much for lending a helping hand to @Barbara3047 !! This is so much appreciated!!

I had noticed one of our new members who needed similar help @Samson36 in one of the posts here : https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/New-Host/m-p/1798472

It would be great to see you all connect and share some suggestions with each other and share how to get in touch with Superhost Ambassadors!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika Thanks! Sounds like a Superhost Ambassador would be very helpful as we make our decision. I'll look up the other post 🙂

Hi @Barbara3047,

I am a Superhost Ambassador and can certainly provide guidance on your Airbnb hosting journey and help you navigate the landscape.  We can also connect through Zoom to go through any settings you may need help with.  Please feel free to reach out to me here: https://www.airbnb.ca/r/helpfulhosting

I look forward to hearing from you.

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Roca7 Her webinars sound great - we'd love to join in the next one! Getting in touch with a Superhost Ambassador sounds like what we need to do. And we'd love to hear more about your experiences with the Myrtle Beach area. We've narrowed down a bit to Surfside Beach. Love how affordable property is in the area. Plan to visit in the near future to check out different neighborhoods. Ideally we want to be less than a mile from a public beach (if not oceanside).

You may find hosts in both Myrtle Beach and Gulfport who are willing to share their experiences and occupancy rates with you. This can provide valuable insights into the local short-term rental market and help you make an informed decision.

As for the Century Oaks gated community in Gulfport, it's essential to consider the existing number of short-term rentals in the area. While competition can be a factor, it doesn't necessarily mean you should rule out purchasing there. Instead, it's an opportunity to research the demand and trends for short-term rentals in that community and determine if it aligns with your investment goals.

By engaging with local hosts and conducting thorough market research, you can gain valuable knowledge to make a well-informed decision about your property investment.

Regards: 

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines ]