Controlling Heat Temperatures

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

Controlling Heat Temperatures

I know this year this has definitely been a topic.  In Arizona this year the news was saying 109 days in a row temperatures outside above 100

My latest idea going to order this weekend.

Sun Shades

1.  No install just replacing my screens with different screens.

2. About $60 per window

3.  Since no construction I don't have to worry about aesthetics.  I am only doing 4 windows to start that get most sun.

4  They say (Quite a few companies offer) cut my cooling bill by 20%. and durable.

5>  Not easily damaged or hard and expensive if I need to replace.

5 Replies 5
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marie8425 

This is a great idea! 😍

Thank you for sharing it with the community.

Did you place the order?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Elisa 

I did order 4 to see if makes any difference.

@Marie8425 Oh wow! 😊

Don't hesitate to let us know if this works. I'm really curious! 👀

How did you come up with the idea?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Elisa 

Seriously I am funny everything is analysis.Haha

My thermostat system is electronic like everyone tells me how much air each zone is using.  Those rooms normally empty all day are in Zone 3.  In my house my breports  showed though normally empty was using 25% more air conditioning then m y other zones where I am all day comfortable.  Not good sense for me to give the electric company 25% Free money lol.

I have a newer house so new windows wasn't tempting.

I thought about tinting.  Not expecting it but should a baseball hit the window, I would have to replace window and tint.

I have an HOA, window  tint in the front has to be approved.

I looked at Solar Shade.  Again easily damaged because on the exterior of the house.  Would require HOA approval.  Aesthetics of my house.  People comment really limit visibility out window.

So more internet searching Haha.  Solar Screens No HOA approval.  No house aesthetics.  Not easily damaged.  If damaged easy to replace.  Cheaper than 25% of my electric bill monthly.

Jose-Enrique13
Level 1
Florida, United States

I think that is  the best route to take.