DC short term rentals

Terry49
Level 1
Oconomowoc, WI

DC short term rentals

We have a business license in DC to operate our English apartment as short term rental and have been successfully renting for nearly 10 years. As of April 10th the rules are changing but we can seem to talk to anyone about the difference between people just renting w/o license and those like us that went through the inspection process and have a license. DC is not our primary residence so this might be a sticking point. I can’t seem to get anyone in DC or at Airbnb that can help us figure out what “short term” rental means … maybe less then 28 days? We’d like to keep operating as our place has offered a great spot for visitors and Airbnb makes a lot f money also … we’re stuck for now blocking all the dates after April 10 until we figure out how to comply with the law … whatever that law is. Maybe we have to hire a lawyer to read and figure out where we fit. Has anyone else been dealing with this?  
thank you for any input, 

terry in DC

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Terry49 ! Have you found an answer yet regarding your question?

As this is specific to DC, it might be worth asking in one of the local Host Clubs as well. You can find them here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

I hope that helps! 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Payam5
Level 2
Washington, DC

Anyone challenging these restrictions at district court or higher level ? I am in same limbo and I support my family using Airbnb income.  This is very unfortunate.