Daily Resort Fee

Tyler736
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Daily Resort Fee

We get charged a daily resort fee at our resort.  I wanted to pass that along to the guests but it seems Airbnb only does a one time resort fee.  I could add it to the rental rate but preferred to keep it separate for tax reasons.  

Is there an option to do a daily resort fee?

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tyler736, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center, 

That's a fantastic question. I'm reaching out to some of our experienced Hosts to get their advice on whether it's possible to add a daily resort fee:   @Joan2709 @Shelley159@Karen114@Dawn241 and @Lorina14 

Looking forward to reading their comments 😊!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Tyler736  if you use a channel manager I believe this can be done. I use OwnerRez and have to ability to add different fees. I don’t think you can charge a daily fee for anything on Airbnb but not certain. 

Since I would imagine every length of stay is different, I would add it to your house rules that there is a daily resort fee not included in the price and will be collected after the reservation is made.  You can collect this fee through the resolution center. Just make sure it’s abundantly clear in more than one place in your listing. 
You could also figure out your average length of stay and just use that to get the one time resort fee. Some reservations you will lose money and sone you will make more money but it will average out over the year. 

Karen
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you so much, @Joan2709 and @Karen114, for coming and offering your advice to Tyler 😊

Your help is greatly appreciated 🙏

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Tyler736 

We aren't currently using the resort fee, but I believe you can have it added per night and shows up under your nightly rate? I believe I read another Host said in the CC that Airbnb was planning on making a change to how they handle addl fees  in July, but not sure about that? 

I believe you have to turn on Pro Tools to see the Addl charges section on your listing in the calendar? It looks like you can charge a dollar amt or percentage and it is added to the nightly rate per night. The Help article below says you need 6 or more listings, but I worked with a Host that only had one listing and used Pro Tools and the Management Fee (one of the addl fees). Thanks to @Karen114 for mentioning Channel Managers might have that option, as I wasn't aware of that. If you add a resort fee using the dollar amount, it seems it's added to the nightly rate/price that appears to the guest (not a separate line item that says "Resort Fee.")

You may already have Pro Tools turned on? If not, turn on Pro Tools under your Account then go to the Calendar under pricing. Scroll down and you'll see the Addl Fees section. It says the Resort Fee is added to your nightly rate, so the guest doesn't see that as a separate line item on a reservation; it's just included in your price per night the guest sees. You can add a percent or fixed amount. For example, if your nightly rate is $200 on your Host calendar for all nights and you add a resort fee of $15, the guest will see a nightly rate of $215 per night when booking, no matter how many nights they book. I believe that is how it works. If your price per night on the Calendar is $230/night, then the system will add $15 to that night. The guest will see $245/night for those nights. I would test this out and see if this works for you:

Additional Charges

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2385

Joan2709_0-1719356745403.png

Joan2709_3-1719356969298.png

Joan2709_2-1719356879401.png

Let us know here if this works the way you want it to, as it might help another Host (I'm curious myself as the Hosts I work with now don't use resort fees (property types are homes not condos or apartments).